After market alarm CAN bus or not??

premmitt

After some advice people,

Had an alarm reccomended and delivered from falcon - provided them with all the details of the car '04 350Z JDM no existing alarm but factory immobiliser. I aksed for an alarm that I culd use my exiting Nissan keyfob with.

They suggested Predator XL and sent one through for a local installer to fit - Guy turns up (who is excellent as i've seen his install work before) and saya he cant fit the alarm as i need a CAN bus version - only a single in and out feed to the central locking etc.

being and engineer and happening to have the wiring diagrams to hand we poured over them and came to the conslusion that the only way to fit the non CAN bus unit was to hash up the existing wiring - we decided this wasnt the wat to go so knocked the job on the head - with the installer getting no pay for the 3 hrs he was there (luckily Lee from Sonic Frontiers is a top lad and he took this on the chin)

Rang Falcon they ignored me for 3 days then said that the alarm was easily fitted and that they would send an installer from the big smoke (London) over to fit it. :angry:

Should I just send them packing and get my money back - get a CAN bus unit and then get Sonic frontiers to fit it?

I take it a CAN bus unit is the best way to go??? Some advice :please:

Cheers paul