Fitting side skirts

ab350z

Guys, looking for some assistance.

Finally got round to fitting the skirts I bought from newseller, Shine replica Nismo's, last night. The old skirts were off in about 5 minutes, couldn't have been easier. The Shine ones lined up perfect, end poppers went in no worries, as did the 10mm screws underneath, BUT I hit a major problem with the fitting inside the door to the body next to the kick panels.

6 holes with the white sockets leftover from the poppers on the OEM skirts. First i thought I could take the poppers off the OEM skirts and use them, I was wrong. Not even with the help of my Dad could we get the poppers to stay in, there's just not enough flex from the Shine skirt, it keeps pushing back out. The screws that came with the Shine's weren't up to much, there does appear to be a thread in these white adaptors on the car but the screws are too thin. Its kind of held together just now by the doors being closed, but was looking for some help.

I'll try get some pics but its absolutely pouring rain here just now. My first thought is bigger screws and maybe some adhesive tape??