A happy clutch story

MartinGT

more of a story rather than a technical post, hence the general chat, anyhoo!

after my recent clutch woes i decided enoughs enough and get the thing sorted instead of putting it off.

i explored the avenues of act clutches, which was going to cost about £360 plus fitting, knightmare!

being bored at work one day i thought, sod it, lets phone nissan for a chuckle :surrender:

"£250 plus vat, thats excluding the bearing sir"

so i proceeded to inform them i can get a performance clutch for much the same price.

"oh, ok sir, hang on a minute...£260 inc vat with the bearing"

SOLD!

so i got on the blower to the garage my mate works at to see about having it fitted, to which he states he could get it cheaper from nissan...

best price he could get at trade was £270 :scare:

Martin 1, rest of the car trade 0!

So got it fitted today...£150 to fit it, and...i didnt even pay, as i managed to blag it if i painted 2 bumpers for the guy. Top banana guess who's a happy chappy with a new clutch :thumbs:

is that with the bearing phil? i got a price of £290 for the exedy so i just assumed it was the going rate and the nissan was a better buy as i'm selling up anyhoo!

quite pleased with the fitting, painting 2 bumpers isnt a biggie, r33 gtr and an s14a :D

Yes full kit, plate,cover and bearing even the centering tool.