sure sign of wheel refurb?

relentless

Someone i know has some standard 18" zed alloys. Hes adamant that they havent had a refurb. Theres paint on the balancing weights which to me says it mustve been refurbed at some point. Would this ever happen in the factory?

Any other tell tale signs? Just how "perfect" are factory finished alloys?

Someone i know has some standard 18" zed alloys. Hes adamant that they havent had a refurb. Theres paint on the balancing weights which to me says it mustve been refurbed at some point. Would this ever happen in the factory?

Any other tell tale signs? Just how "perfect" are factory finished alloys?

Factory Rays often have a blue paint spot on each to indicate the heaviest point IIRC. If this is what he has then probably not a refurb.

any other obvious give aways? the finish doesnt seem good enough in my opinion.
Definitely been refurbed. Think about it, brand new wheel doesnt have weights put on until tyre is fitted. They dont fit the tyre and then spray the wheel at the factory. The finish on the rays are very good, smooth and shiny :thumbs:

Definitely been refurbed. Think about it, brand new wheel doesnt have weights put on until tyre is fitted. They dont fit the tyre and then spray the wheel at the factory.

Doh - of course, stupid me! Always a logical explaination eh!! Cheers for clearing that up.

Definitely been refurbed. Think about it, brand new wheel doesnt have weights put on until tyre is fitted. They dont fit the tyre and then spray the wheel at the factory.

Doh - of course, stupid me! Always a logical explaination eh!! Cheers for clearing that up.

Tbh most rays have been refurbed at some point because ther was a fault with blisstering alloys :thumbs: