not very clued up on the Z's, tell me about the changes

p1tse

any main things to look out for on these in general?

any prone issues, servicing tick boxes, cambelts etc.?

what are the service intervals on these and estimate costs?

i know nissan has made several changes from when they first came out, what were they, and when (year and reg)?

thanks

Lots of info around on site so have a search, however quick summary:

If looking for import then check JDM / import on your search.

2 basic UK trims with GT pack and without, GT pack brings leather seats/ Bose and a couple of bits

3 engines 276 / 300 then 313(the bump in bonnet)

limited edition GT4 different wheels and the 300 engine

option wheels Rays many have but expensive option at purchase

Basic issues very few, again have a search around but main one on the pre-313 cars is "clicky" axle, many fixed under warranty, then skipping CD s on Bose are top 2 frequent issues. Next maybe boot struts going and then maybe sticky windows, other than that a little wearing of some front tyres and noise.

Check the TSBs in search for a clue to the ones Nissan recognises.

Service costs search again, every 9k miles or 12 months P1 / P2 / P3 costs 180-210 for P1 then P3 about 360 costs vary around country of course, further details in other threads.

Some have done big miles with very few problems, basically a pretty reliable car, certainly I had more trouble on a bi-turbo'd Audi than on Zed so far.

Happy hunting, get yourself a test drive very different power delivery to Audi's but if you like turbo kick then FI options avialable and many done then pretty safely.

thanks.

great summary.

i'm guessing the early examples i would look at, gt pack uk, will be 276bhp area then.

if i opted, again gt pack, uk with rays at least.

famous words, won't be looking to mod (cough much)

:welcome: to the forums

Its a great time to buy a zed right now as you can pick up a great example really cheap. Zummertor has pretty much summed up everything but from what ive seen and heard they are a good solid and reliable car, well as cars go :lol:

Only advice i would offer is seeing as its a buyers merket out there right now, dont fall for the first one you see. The drive alone in any 350z will put a smile on your face and make you utter the famous words "where do i sign". Take your time and find the best example you can for the money. :thumbs:

Good luck with the search