Hacking into oem bluetooth

garry

Do any of you guys happen to know if the oem bluetooth can be hacked to work with an aftermarket sound system.

The reason I ask is since replacing my oem bose with aftermarket kit I notice that my phone still pairs to the integrated bluetooth kit.

Furthermore, on making a call when accidentally paired, the person on the other end of the phone could hear me speaking but I couldn't hear them. So therefore the mic still works fine with the headunit out!

Unfortunately I need to work out which wires in the bose loom are providing the output from the bluetooth so I can try and capture the signal to playback over my aftermarket sound system.

Dos this make sense to anyone, or just in my head? :wacko:

hmmmm...okay this should actually be simple enough.

I've been to the wiki and downloaded the appropriate service manual for my '07 car

here -> http://www.350z-tech.com/files/manual/0 ... manual.zip

In the section av.pdf there's some good diagrams of the system and details of which wire does what, so I'll have a play around and let you all know how I get on.

Need to isolate the switching signal (that switches on when incoming phonecall being rec'd, and off when you hang-up) plus the TEL Voice Signal coming from the person on the other end of the line. Once I've traced these to the appropriate pins using the diagrams then it should be easy enough to capture and modify the signal into something that will be useable by my car PC... maybe.