Audio install pics

garry

Hi folks

A couple of pics of my finished install - not too much to see and will post the more interesting WIP pics when I get round to uploading them.

Firstly - front door install of 3-way dynaudio speakers, 8"bass, 3"mid, 1"tweet. 3"mid in custom made panel in front of door handle (yes - I've lost use of those heater vents). The pic doesn't show it that well but it's actually shaped such that your fingers can still get in behind the door handle.

2447987091_8dd5d9b237.jpg

Secondly - amp rack which has been built into the cubby behind the passenger seat. The amp rack slides in and out to allow for access to the relevant controls. Cable tidying and hide-away cover to follow which will allow visibility of the amp heatsinks only.

2447987105_874db98801.jpg

Finally and most disappointingly - the fascia for the alpine 9965 headunit. This is an autoleads part and fits very badly as can be seen at the bottom of the headunit. Anyone know of a better fitting part that I can replace this with?

2447987103_3f22f1a7a1.jpg

Nice setup mate. I run Genesis Series III's in mine as well and love them. Like what you have done with the doros as well, do you have any more closer shots of them? I think there are other options availble for the single din converter fascia's, i'll have a look around for you.

I quite like the mid install. Although I think the soundstage would be better if they were on the dash in custom builds by the windscreen and the tweeters higher up the a-pillar. At least, that's what I wanted to do! ;)

Take a look at the fascia used on my install, it's an American Industries one. Great fit IMO. :)

Andy - more pics uploading now that are a better view.

H5 - what age is your zed? Mine is an 08 plate and I'm wondering if the MY07 cars have a different shaped stereo in them - the bottom of the fascia from autoleads is cut very square whereas the hole in my dash is more rounded at the bottom corners - got a better pic of this on its way up too!

Also - with regards the comments on speaker placement - the install is designed to be as low-impact as possible on the interior. At the moment if I want to remove my kit to sell the car the only thing I need to replace are the triangular panels on the inside of the wing mirrors. If I started to mod the a-pillars and dash then that can become quite tricky/expensive to revert. So as you say may be better to place speakers elsewhere but a compromise had to be found!

System still not set-up 100% (as sub still running-in) but already sounding quite good. I've had to drop the mids by 2db as they were a little to harsh but it's sounding better now.

Garry,

Completely agree on the returning to standard bit, that's why I stopped where I did with mine. Just referring to the 'ideal' three way locations. :)

I am going to spend some time setting mine up again over the next few weeks. Round one was good but it can be better.

Mine is an 04 car, and the bottom of my fascia does curve ever so slightly. I don't think they are different between any MY - if there are then it migth be an idea to have a word with Autoleads..... ;)

Take a look at the fascia used on my install, it's an American Industries one. Great fit IMO. :)

H5 - where did you get the american industries fascia from?

I can't track one down on-line except from the US. Don't mind ordering from there, just want to know if I can get one closer to home!!

H5 - where did you get the american industries fascia from?

I can't track one down on-line except from the US. Don't mind ordering from there, just want to know if I can get one closer to home!!

Bought in from the US. :thumbs:

hmmm... looking at the pics again there's definitely a diffeence in shape between the stereo hole in your dash and the one in mine...

2449138024_b050da8bd9.jpg

DSCF1466.jpg

I reckon they've changed the shape a little with the MY07 cars... or am I just imagining it? Look at the bottom corners - they look much more rounded in my pic (top)... the dash even looks to split in a different place on the two cars.

So - a warning to others with MY07 cars before buying a fascia plate?

If all else fails I'll get a custom one made up...