Broken Sound System

MrHolcombeXxX

Hello all,

Just a quick question and I apologise in advance if the answer is out there but I have had a search and can't find a simple answer.

So, I picked up my first Z the other day and it's the GT pack with the Bose Head Unit & speakers with the Bose amp.

One of the previous owners have replaced the head unit and tried to put an subwoofer in but there just seems to be a whole bundle of issues underlying :-( 

Right! So, with the new head unit there seems to be 2 adaptors and about 20 spliced wires held together with tape! None of the Bose speakers are working but there is 1 speaker on the passenger foot well (non Bose) that is plugged in and working. I have checked the amp and it is all plugged in and when checking the Bose speakers all of them have been spliced and now have an extra speaker cable running off them back to the main head unit. What a mess...

My question is here, is it just a simple putting all of it back to standard (bar the head unit) and purchasing an adaptor from Halfords for the stereo? Will all the Bose speakers and amp work with an aftermarket head unit? Is there any reason this would have been done this way?

Many thanks!