Irritating squeaking noise

Mark350Z

Hi all, 

Hoping someone can provide some hope here as I'm struggling to find the source of a really irritating squeaking noise.

Some context on when 'the squeak' happens:

• occasionally under load at slow speeds, i.e. hill start or rolling onto my ramps at home
  • at idle at traffic lights etc.
  • seems to be a constant sound, doesn't change with engine speed. Interestingly it does seem to go away if you give it a little throttle when sat still.
  • general driving it doesn't make any sound but occasionally you might get it at lower revs in high gears, i.e motorway driving.
  • most commonly it happens when I'm sat at a standstill which is infuriating as it's louder than the car!
  • seems to be coming from in front of the driver, hence why I've got the wheel off to poke around in there in the video.

I originally though it was something to do with the pulleys or belts but that went away when I found it makes a quick squeak if you slam the door for about 1/4 second.

I think it's something that is loose and just rubbing against another part as it sound quite metallic.

I've attached a link to a video which I hope is helpful, and someone can come to my rescue.

Also I know my brakes are well worn, DBA T2s and Hawk Pads are sat upstairs waiting to be fitted :) 

Thanks

Edited by Mark350Z