Airbag light, B pilar sensors...help?

MrG13

Hi all, if you haven't seen my other thread i had a side impact and the curtain airbag blew as well as the driver seat airbag, I have now replaced both bags and got me a new airbag sensor ECU (located in center console) and its ready to fit.

I have however been warned that the B pillar sensor could have tripped in the crash also.

On the dash I have a steady light which does not flash at all, (tried the youtube on off reset do da but it wont ever flash to give me an error code)

So my question is this:

If I plug in the new ECU and the crash sensor has tripped, will it blow that new ECU and mean I need to replace it again?

Is there way to check if the sensor has tripped and registered a crash?

and for a solution do i just plug in the new ECU and hope or is there anything I do to ensure nothing else breaks due to my being a comlpete twonk?

cheers in advance!

(Also does anyone know a guide to replace the side impact sensors at all as I cannot for the life of me find any of this info online!! I heard they are in the rear arch wells but then another thread said they are by the seat tension-er and i have enough to do rather than strip the entire interior apart :lol: :lol: )