Speaker pop :-)

CLASSIX

So before I start to rip out bits of wiring loom to check stuff heres what is happening.

Recently installed a Clarion NX505E double din HU, nice bit of kit if you dont mind me saying so.

I am running it via the multi plug that carries the RCA's and the correct ISO leads.

Being familiar with Nissans love of earthing through the aerial I have taken earths direct from the leads to chassis and done as prescribed in another post to eliminate any possible issues with earthing.

So heres what happens, turn ignition key to ACC with the HU powerd off, put foot on brake pedal and you get a pop (crack) from the speakers !?

Turn HU on apply brake pedal whils playing radio, ipod, cd etc and again you get an audible pop (crack) from speakers !!!?

Now I could understand that there could be an issue with the install however the same thing happens on an Alpine HU and even more frustrating the same is happening on the original Bose HU as well ! So I dont believe that there is an installation problem and that it is somthing more insidious.

So for fun I removed the bulbs from the rear light clusters, apply brake pedal no pop (crack) from the speakers ? or unplug lead from switch on the brake pedal no pop (crack).

Has anyone experienced anything similar before I start ripping the loom apart or hitting the Bose amps with hammers ?

Cheers. :-)

Z2

I had this after installing my app radio. Messed about for ages thinking it was an earth fault. Eventually did the buster mod which cured it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Looked at the Buster fix, So my take on it was to get a Autoleads PC2-76-4 add the blue white cable for amp power and away you go, this is only a temporary fix as the output is now far to great so I am ordering a Autoleads PC9-440 that should rectify the problem.

However on further Investigation it would seem the Bose amps suffer from Earth degradation issues as well so I will be improving that as well.

I had this after installing my app radio. Messed about for ages thinking it was an earth fault. Eventually did the buster mod which cured it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Looked at the Buster fix, So my take on it was to get a Autoleads PC2-76-4 add the blue white cable for amp power and away you go, this is only a temporary fix as the output is now far to great so I am ordering a Autoleads PC9-440 that should rectify the problem.

However on further Investigation it would seem the Bose amps suffer from Earth degradation issues as well so I will be improving that as well.

Ok so Autoleads PC9-440 fitted, so far so good, however had to change the placement of the box as it was interfering with the Bluetooth on the head unit, wierd, lol. Easy to fit no messing only the blue white wire to add connectors to job done sounds great and no cracking or popping from the speakers when you Brake. :-)