2007, 350Z HR - Weird clutch feel?

CJRamze

So had a bit of a strange issue yesterday whilst stopped on the roundabout.

I was stopped in traffic, As I went to move away i throttled up slowly and let the clutch out the pedal about half way felt rather strange.

It was almost it if got half way and then there was resistance?

This happened two or three times in the space of 5 minutes, the final time (Just before I got on the dual carriageway) I slow throttled in and clutch out and the smell of clutch burn was pretty bad, I've only smelt that once in my first car when I was learning.

Again the clutch felt rather strange.

Once I got it onto the dual carriageway I either put it in 6th and then forgot or simply didn't notice any further issues.

I don't think I had anything on the way home either.

I was in stop start traffic for maybe 2 minutes? So I shouldn't think overheating was an issue but I could be wrong.

When I last had the car serviced I had all the fluids changed including the clutch with some high temp fluid and I also replaced the clutch line.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

The clutch burn smell is obviously a big concern to me, As far as I'm aware the car is very much on its original clutch and its around 55,000 miles in.

Once I was up to about 45 (Following the clutch smell) I put it in 6th and floored it to see if I had any slip but no slip.

Edit:

I have taken note of many threads that mention the slave cylinder in the gearbox, If that the case its clutch and flywheel time and if thats the case I might need to take the car off the road for a bit as I've a cash shortfall at the moment. Was just hoping someone could read and advise particularly on the clutch burning smell, I've read plenty of threads where its pedal on floor time but I've never had that.

Edited by CJRamze

Same age/mileage as mine, when I had similar pedal symptoms a couple of times. That was the master cylinder seals on the way out, so that was replaced, with fingers crossed that was it.

No such luck, as a few weeks later, the next symptom was a slightly odd pedal feel on one gear change and a brief hot clutch smell (probably a little hydraulic fluid escaping). Then a few days later, the clutch pedal just hit the floor - the concentric slave cylinder seal failed and comprehensively sh*t the bed - fluid everywhere.

Gearbox out - flywheel was fine, the slave/thrust bearing and the, clutch plate were changed, all back to normal since.

Mark