Climate control problem

SunGodRA

Hi guys - I have had my JDM (02 plate) for about 6 months now, and hadnt noticed a potential issue until the onset of the cold weather.

Whilst having a swarm of Kosovans very efficiently detail the exterior of my car, I left the engine running and noticed that although the climate control was set to auto and approx 25degrees, cold air started coming out the floor vents. As soon as I drove off it turned warm then hot. Then after approx 3 miles I got stuck in traffic (standstill) and the air went cold again !

Surely the heater isnt directly linked to the drive chain so that the car has to be in motion to get warm air???? - this must be a fault - Any ideas?

Dave

It is climate control so it will try and keep the cabin a constant temperature and blast air at different temperatures to keep it that way.

I would be more worried about letting Kosovans clean your car!! :scare:

I understand the concept of climate control - but there is a definate change when the car is stationary (to cold air) and when it is in motion (hot air)

It is climate control so it will try and keep the cabin a constant temperature and blast air at different temperatures to keep it that way.

I would be more worried about letting Kosovans clean your car!! :scare:

I understand the concept of climate control - but there is a definate change when the car is stationary (to cold air) and when it is in motion (hot air)

Wasn't taking the p, just checking. ;)

That does sound bizarre, have you got the window open while driving? Other than that, I am stumped.

Did someone perhaps accidentally hit the centre of the air-cond button and hold it on for a mo?? If so, this will cause the air-cond to switch automatically between "fresh" and "recirc", so that would make a difference to the cabin temperature slightly. Have a look in your owners manual. ;):)

Did someone perhaps accidentally hit the centre of the air-cond button and hold it on for a mo?? If so, this will cause the air-cond to switch automatically between "fresh" and "recirc", so that would make a difference to the cabin temperature slightly. Have a look in your owners manual. ;):)

Nope - it was on recirc and there was no window open either - this wasnt a 'one off' - it now is the 'norm' rather than an exception

Guest prescience

This sounds like exactly the REVERSE of your problem

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247962

but may give you some way forward.

Another thing raised here, have you had any reason to have the lower passenger or driver trims off recently. there was an issue on this forum with the in-cabin sensors, but again it wasn't exactly your issue

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9932