Pioneer avh-170dvd rear camera help?

judspud

Hi guys. I've got a pioneer avh-170dvd installed in my zed and I have just fitted a rear view camera. I have wired the power to the camera from the reverse light and to a ground point. I have also run a wire to the stereo wire marked reverse signal input. The camera switches automatically when I put it into reverse however when I'm not in reverse the stereo switches to reverse camera after roughly 7 seconds and displays a black screen. Anybody had this before or know how to fix it? TIA

is there a way that you can get to the wiring for the reverse signal?

if the wire you connect to the reverse signal is picking up a feed when its not in reverse then it will think it is in reverse.

so get a device to show when its picking up voltage and compare when its in reverse to when its out of reverse, if there is volts on it when in reverse that means that when its out of reverse it shouldn't get a voltage on it but if after the 7 seconds of it being out of reverse it starts picking up a voltage again, you may want to look at a problem with the wire you've tapped into.

Also if you've tapped into the live side of the reverse signal wire, it'll come up as live all the time so would always go to reverse camera?

I've not got a lot of knowledge on this stuff but if you could eliminate a few of these things ive mentioned as potential issues then this would help diagnose it.

checked the voltage on the wire and it only has voltage when in reverse. however when out of reverse the stereo switches back to the rear view :S i think it may be a problem with the stereo side because it does it even when no camera is connected. Will try and get in touch with pioneer. Thanks for the suggestion though mate. Helped me eliminate a couple of things.