350z steering wheel with airbag.

atomic350z

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm interested in the wheel as my current one has a fair bit of peel and fading (the last guy must've had some seriously greasy mitts!). How tricky was it to remove this and install a new one? I have no experience when it comes to airbags and I hear they can be troublesome.

Hi it's very easy mate simply disconnect the battery wait a little bit, pop the little plastic caps off either side of the wheel, use a Torx30 bit (I think it is) to unscrew the torx nuts, the centre airbag piece pulls out and simply lift the black part on the yellow plug outwards and it should release, unplug the rest and undo the big bolt with a 19mm socket, give it a good tap all round if it doesn't come off it might need persuading. Very easy if your local I'd help ya.. Let me know if you want the wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the info! I'm sorely tempted, but my house sales just fell through and I'd be lynched if I spent more on the Zed right now! On top of that, I've got cruise control on mine so would have to put some work into putting holes in the right places etc. Best of luck finding it a new home.