pioneer sph-da120

Karl92

Hi everyone

Just after some advice really has anyone installed a pioneer sph-da120 in their z ?

ive heard that the bose system can be abit of a nightmare when fitting a new HUD and im abit of a tard when it comes to car electrics,

so basically would anyone be able to let me know what do I need in order to install the pioneer, (by the way its a GT4 model with the bose system etc)

thanks

Karl

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Karl,

First of all, I'm no expert! Just thought I'd contribute my 2 cents, as I struggled with something similar. I'm not sure how useful it'll be though! :surrender:

I installed a SPH-DA100 in my car (04 plate with Bose) a few months ago, and bought everything from a company called InCarTec. Here's the 2 pages that may be useful (is GT4 an 05?):

Back when I bought it, they did a kit that included everything, but looks like they've removed that now. For the mine (04) at least, I think I got the:

• 50-256 Nissan 350Z Radio Facia Double Din
  • 29-674 Nissan 350z Bose Steering control interface
  • 29-007 PIONEER patch lead for 29 series SWC

The above let me keep my steering wheel controls.

Wiring-wise... yeah... I'm a bit of a tard too so it took me a while to do. The instructions ICT didn't help me much, so I just spent ages Googling and browsing this forum and somehow got it working in the end. I plan to take out my centre console soon to do something (possibly this weekend), so I can try take some pics for you while I'm at it. Also happy to try and track down some links that I have, but I can't remember which ones I found most useful.

While you're at it though, you could consider the following too:

• Reverse camera - This took a little bit of time to arrive, but at that price I don't think you can complain :) Works really well so I would definitely recommend it :thumbs: It literally replaces one of your numberplate lights
  • Reverse camera install - Guide on how to install it, as well as other bits and pieces
  • AppRadio Unchained - If you're using an Android phone, this lets you mirror your phone onto your App Radio
  • - Bypass the handbrake detection so you aren't restricted. It's a safety feature you're bypassing, so do this at your own discretion

I hope that all made sense and at least helps you get going. At work so I typed this in between doing some work, talking to colleagues/clients etc... :)

Hodaka