Please Help - feeling anxious

BenC

Hi All,

I bought a 350z the other month and when having a windscreen replacement for a small stone chip I found there was a 5cm long, few mm wide crack on my A Pillar (hopefully an image attached below).

My local Nissan Dealer is unable to help and I want to find a good body shop to replace the crack and fit a new Door/Roof Trim that also was cracked and just filled, and a new upper seal and trim mounting.

I am based in London (SE) and work in Essex. Can any one help!!!!

Thanks,

Ben

post-25442-0-27582700-1436813676_thumb.jpg

post-25442-0-13511000-1436813961_thumb.jpg

Edited by BenC

Im sure any bodyshop could do an easy repair on that but without filling the whole thing. Probably weld it and grind and then a skim of filler. Im in the south east and theres a brilliant bodyshop near me but probably too far for you as im 5 minutes from gatwick

very odd place for a crack, I'd like to know the sorry behind that!

Pm Zmanalex for 2nd hand door trim or try Clark motor sport for a new one. Trim is usually very easy to fit, getting the old stuff off without breaking it is usually the hard part.

very odd place for a crack, I'd like to know the sorry behind that!

Pm Zmanalex for 2nd hand door trim or try Clark motor sport for a new one. Trim is usually very easy to fit, getting the old stuff off without breaking it is usually the hard part.

Have you looked at the photos ? ... that is not trim ... it's structural

My local Nissan Dealer is unable to help and I want to find a good body shop to replace the crack and fit a new Door/Roof Trim that also was cracked and just filled, and a new upper seal and trim mounting.

Thanks,

Ben

You got Porsche red mist Hugh :lol:

Thanks,

Ben

You got Porsche red mist Hugh :lol:

Sorry , don't understand that ...

Agree with Alex, that looks to have take a real whack at some point. I would get it checked asap. I would also start looking at getting yourself prepared (just in case) for taking it back to wherever you bought it from and getting your money back (should that be required). If its structural I would be very concerned about the implications of that alone, plus any other potential damage which may be / may have been hidden

Was it bought with a cracked screen cheap with this structural damage? This was obviously covered by the old trim, then im thinking why would you buy it with a damaged trim. I can't believe Nissan can't help. They all have a body shop they use. If damage is just surface then it can be easily fixed :)