From Zed to Cooper S due to short journeys

Alize

62b4c96cb8bb40a4450566f542c95be4.jpg

e99eb93a26ecd8cdfe4ddf35c11bd5e5.jpg

Well it's been a week now and I've got used to the crappy gear change and having to rev hard to wind it up, and directness of the steering and pull of the fwd so that when you put your foot down and pull out to overtake it almost jumps across the road!

But all in all it's good fun surprisingly longer legs than I imagined, goes better than I thought it would is what I mean there.

I did my research first this time so an 05 or younger if had to be, was lucky to find this mint one with only 55k on the clock seriously doesn't look like the interior has been used 😇 however think it's done a lot of town driving clutch is weird but happy to replace that if need be. So although was very sad that Zed had to go enjoying the new toy defo a girls motor tho! And seem to enjoy keeping it in a low gear at highish revs so she's ready to go go go I think I'll use a lot more fuel than the zed did 😰 hey ho that's what it's a about enjoyment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those two cars are pretty much poles apart! I had go in a cooper s a while ago and loved it - certainly felt faster than the z from a standstill and v good round corners. These early minis are definitley the prettiest too - they went downhill after this.

Enjoy - looks like your z's gone to a sensible older driver anyway!

• Like 1

I went the opposite way from S to Z. As said poles apart but the S is a lot easier to have fun with. Theres plenty to do to the Mini to personalise and make things more interesting. I do miss mine a little and I'll possibly be back in another as my Z is up for sale.

Regarding the fuel, yeah thirsty little buggers and made the transition to Z almost unnoticeable!

• Like 1

Lot worse cars you could of bought Alize, ...hope it serves you well & you enjoy it. ;)

Thanks GM means a lot coming from you! Yeah I could never wind the zed up properly on a daily basis ran out of road space before she got there unless I took a major detour on country roads😥 whereas the mini is fun in short bursts 😠I shall be lurking around and smiling at the memories tho and who knows when I retire in 12years when I'm 75 I might get a classy classic zed. Or Veilsides one! In my dreams! 😎

Lot worse cars you could of bought Alize, ...hope it serves you well & you enjoy it. ;)

Thanks GM means a lot coming from you! Yeah I could never wind the zed up properly on a daily basis ran out of road space before she got there unless I took a major detour on country roads😥 whereas the mini is fun in short bursts í ½í¸ I shall be lurking around and smiling at the memories tho and who knows when I retire in 12years when I'm 75 I might get a classy classic zed. Or Veilsides one! In my dreams! 😎

Aaahh thanks Alize. :blush::)

My brothers had two Mini's now including his latest one a Cooper S so I'm no stranger to them. As long as you enjoy it & it stays reliable for you that's all that matters imo. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I might get a classy classic zed. Or Veilsides one!

:stir:

:lol:

Haha! Oooppps! Stirbag! You know I didn't mean it like that!

Ok so a classy zed and Veilsides! In my f'ing dreams 😇😎

I might get a classy classic zed. Or Veilsides one!

:stir:

:lol:

Haha! Oooppps! Stirbag! You know I didn't mean it like that!

Ok so a classy zed and Veilsides! In my f'ing dreams 😇😎