I need a V8 (AKA Porsche thread)

ATTAK Z

I looked at getting a Mustang back in March. They wanted £1500 deposit for something that would not materialise until March 2016 at the earliest. (That was back then)

I was under the impression that RHD production doesn't even start until August this year.

Lots of bang for your buck, even so I ordered another Zed........

Edited by Shenley

Budget?

Tbh I wouldn't even consider an RS4. Sure, a nice car, but hardly a thrill a minute. The C63 has the most charismatic V8 engine of the last 15 years in it, but an E90/2 M3 has it licked in dynamics and it's available in a manual. New Mustang would also be an excellent car, but I'm not sure I could choose it over a C63.

Budget?

Tbh I wouldn't even consider an RS4. Sure, a nice car, but hardly a thrill a minute. The C63 has the most charismatic V8 engine of the last 15 years in it, but an E90/2 M3 has it licked in dynamics and it's available in a manual. New Mustang would also be an excellent car, but I'm not sure I could choose it over a C63.

Amen to that.

Budget?

i just find modern german v8s so :yawn: There too monotone, They like to go to work do there job and come home, they don't enjoy themselves they take themselves way to seriously, if they where a person they would be the sort of person i would want to work for me, but wouldn't want to be friends with.

• Like 4

The Audi does nothing for me at all, I'm sure its a great car but just this is what I feel when I see one :shrug:

I love the character of the Mustang and it has bags of it, plus it's excellent value for money. That being said, there has to be a reason for that and I'm guessing (because I don't know) that the quality of finish perhaps does not match its rivals. I don't think I could live with that personally, not when I'm spending £35k.

The C63 I think does have some character to it, the 4 litre engine in it is terrific and I like the "One man, one engine" ethos of AMG. All I can go by is my own experience I guess and I've been very impressed by my C55. Its a beguiling drive and the V8 burble / growl is terrific when on song and the engine in mine isn't even supercharged.

I guess the usual applies, you need to drive them to really know which one you want. Put it this way, if you were in a room with all of them right now and you had the money in your hand - you would know within moments which one you'd be leaving in.

For me, for the quality, I would go C63. If I needed another car with character and a bit of show / a laugh, I'd consider the Mustang....then probably buy the Merc anyway :)

Edited by Bockaaarck

i just find modern german v8s so :yawn: There too monotone, They like to go to work do there job and come home, they don't enjoy themselves they take themselves way to seriously, if they where a person they would be the sort of person i would want to work for me, but wouldn't want to be friends with.

You need to drive mine. Not exactly the be-all and end-all of excitement, but far more fun than it has any right to be.

AMG 63 - has to be the one I reckon.

M3 and RS4 both fantastic cars in their own rights, I feel the AMG is in a different league entirely though.

Certainly less on the road too - always a good thing !!

Mustang - Just No !!.......... Not in the UK

Budget?

You need to drive mine. Not exactly the be-all and end-all of excitement, but far more fun than it has any right to be.

I agree with both of you here.

I had a 650i before the 350z and while you knew it was still a v8, and effortless torque, the engine and exhaust note was dull, more a thrum than a rumble. However some relatively minor exhaust work would sort that.

But, given the size of barge, and its intended purpose, it sure did handle very well especially as mine had ACS wider wheels/tyres and active anti roll bars, thing cornered very flat for a big old thing.

If it was me, I'd be torn between e63 and mustang. I think I'd end up with the mustang... difficult decision!

Assuming a R8 is out of budget or if it isn't, then you need 4 seats?

Edited by veef13

i just find modern german v8s so :yawn: There too monotone

Disregard this man immediately, the C63 and RS4 particularly sound awesome.

Ive tried most of these as I was in a similar position a while back. The RS4 isnt particularly exciting but is very nice looking and the estate is practical, the C63 is really good but very, very juicy and the M3 handles better ......... but then Lexus IS-F feels more special and the XFR is probably the best car, but I still cant help feeling its one for my Dad.

It would be close between the Lexus and the BMW for me, Id probably go Lexus after much consideration. If I didnt care about corners Id buy a full fat Range Rover :D

Ive not tried a Stang but if it comes close to any of the above in terms of quality, dynamics and design Ill eat my trousers. :lol:

• Like 1

i just find modern german v8s so :yawn: There too monotone

Disregard this man immediately, the C63 and RS4 particularly sound awesome.

Ive tried most of these as I was in a similar position a while back. The RS4 isnt particularly exciting but is very nice looking and the estate is practical, the C63 is really good but very, very juicy and the M3 handles better ......... but then Lexus IS-F feels more special and the XFR is probably the best car, but I still cant help feeling its one for my Dad.

It would be close between the Lexus and the BMW for me, Id probably go Lexus after much consideration. If I didnt care about corners Id buy a full fat Range Rover :D

Ive not tried a Stang but if it comes close to any of the above in terms of quality, dynamics and design Ill eat my trousers. :lol:

Sorry oh holy one full of all knowledge i forgot how your your opinion is the only right one

I was going to say, you generally get what you pay for in this world and the 'stang at that price new seems a bit too cheap.

I did drive a new M5 just out of interest last year and it was incredible - always struck me of the more discerning owner an M5 than an M3

Sorry oh holy one full of all knowledge i forgot how your your opinion is the only right one

Have you actually heard a C63 on full chat? If youre telling me this is a boring monotonous sound then you need your hearing checked:

The first one is enough but thats 7 minutes if anyone fancies some background music :lol:

Daily or fun?

Daily, RS4, will get the job done day in day out without any complaints tons of grip and grunt but not much excitement ime.

for fun, the M3 is going to be more fun and rewarding giving it beans

If it was my money, RS4 everyday.

P.S i think the C63 sounds horrific, I don't want the Somme being replayed out of my exhaust when i change gear every single time. :snack:

Have you actually heard a C63 on full chat? If youre telling me this is a boring monotonous sound then you need your hearing checked:

The first one is enough but thats 7 minutes if anyone fancies some background music :lol:

Everything like this is subjective of course, everyone has an opinion - but have to say Steve its hard to say that a C63 is monotone or boring :scare: I really would like to know what you consider a better sound? I for instance think a 911 sounds like a wet fart but others think it sounds amazing.

yea i have heard it its just not for me i think they sound the same all the time, like there is no character to them, its the same with all german engine noises if im honest

Turbo 4 cyl golf sounds meh

straight 6 bmw sounds meh

V8 audi sounds meh

R8 V10 sounds Meh

Turbo 4 cylinder wrx or evo yes

Straight 6 rb or jz yea

V8 Jag-f type 5.0 coyote infact most things american yes

LFA v10 yes

they have a character to me all the German stuff just sounds like a machine not saying there not good as engines and cars just the sounds dont appeal to me German cars don't just have any personalty to me you can give them a bit by throwing some mods on them, but then its like having friends who opens up when hes drunk, he great when hes had a few but after it he is still boring old dave

Edited by StevoD

Better explanation but I have a straight 6 BMW that sounds just like a Skyline, and no 4G sounds better than a V10 R8, are you being serious?

Im sorry, but if youre saying all German cars are boring (M cars, AMG's and Porsches included I suppose?) and the Lamborghini V10 engine sounds "meh" then I can only guess you havent seen, driven or listened to them.