I need a V8 (AKA Porsche thread)

ATTAK Z

3 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

Purely my opinion on these:

C5: Good value, iconic looks (pop up lights, muscly etc) but hard to find a pristine example . Lots of paint fade esp red, yellow cars that I have seen

C6: Better value but really lacks something without the wide body that's found on the GS/Z06.  Also I would be tempted to avoid the convertible less hassle maintenance wise  

C6 GS/Z06: My concern with the Z06 is the supercharger, maintenance, overheats etc. Prefer the NA GS. When you consider these are approx £10k more than a C6 it makes more sense to spend a bit more and buy a C7 Stingray imo which will continue to be a desirable car with an interior that's another world to all Vettes before it 

C7 Stingray: £40k+ with the C8 coming out 2020, buying an unmolested C7 would be a good proposition as they effectively will be the final front engine cars. I don't think these will plummet like the C6 however and stay around early £40k for a sub 20k mileage car 

C6 Z06s are NA with an LS7. C6 ZR1s are the charged ones with the LS9 and still fetch a hefty premium on the "base" C6. 

OP, If you're going for a C6, hold out for an LS3 car. C7s are better interior wise but to me the C6 is a classic

• Like 1

• 7 months later...