Zed Owners MUST READ! P0011, P0021 Caused by "OIL Gallery GASKETS"

laytonanthony

That doesn't matter, if it was changed in 2012. If your 2011 manufactured car didn't get registered until 2013 for example. The VIN is what counts.

They sold 2 roadsters in 2015. These were old stock from 2013/4.

My old 350 was registered in March 09. The coupe production stopped in 2008.

Edited by Shenley
  • Like 1

That doesn't matter, if it was changed in 2012. If your 2011 manufactured car didn't get registered until 2013 for example. The VIN is what counts.

They sold 2 roadsters in 2015. These were old stock from 2013/4.

My old 350 was registered in March 09. The coupe production stopped in 2008.

Arh. Understood!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've had the upgraded Nissan gaskets in my 2008 HR for a year now all is good. As mentioned first signs on the 350 will be oil pressure drop on the pressure gauge, mine was reading about 10 psi on idle and 60 psi at about 3500 rpm. Now she reads 30 psi hot idle and 60 psi at around 2000 rpm.

• 1 month later...

So whats the synopsis on this issue...

At what VIN number did they swap the paper gaskets for steel?

Does the gasket need to be changed asap or only when the Zed shows symptoms?

Just bought a 370 and I'm hoping this can be cleared up

Sent from my potato using duct tape

I've installed an oil pressure gauge and I'm reading good pressure so won't be changing the gasket unless I see low pressure

On my 2012 car I'm going to install a warning buzzer that automatically comes in below 30psi , easy to knock up and should cost less than £20 all in , I dont want any more gauges on show myself

I've installed an oil pressure gauge and I'm reading good pressure so won't be changing the gasket unless I see low pressure

On my 2012 car I'm going to install a warning buzzer that automatically comes in below 30psi , easy to knock up and should cost less than £20 all in , I dont want any more gauges on show myself

no I didn't but didn't think of that lol

Heads up mine sits between 25 and 30 hot idle I'd go 20psi for the buzzer it might do your head in else

I wouldnt think there is a hard and fast rule , we had a 350 hr in with normal pressure but gaskets failing but this had over 40psi at hot idle

So is it a case of because the oil is going off around the timing case it's not getting to all the bearings etc

I wouldnt think there is a hard and fast rule , we had a 350 hr in with normal pressure but gaskets failing but this had over 40psi at hot idle

Is it recommended for these to be replaced even if the engine is running fine, I have an early 2010 ultimate which i'm guessing would fall under the paper gaskets.

• Like 1

Is it recommended for these to be replaced even if the engine is running fine, I have an early 2010 ultimate which i'm guessing would fall under the paper gaskets.

I'd also like to know this, but no one seems to have a definite answer wether it is necessary to replace the seal without engine symptoms

• Like 1

Getting ready to start this job in about a week. Any tips? This is the best i have found on the process

http://g35driver.com/forums/attachments/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/170001d1413220704-cause-dreaded-p0011-p0021-codes-everyone-curious-about-notes-repair-2007-vq35hr-leaking-oil-gallery-gaskets.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjH8cCQuN_LAhUBOCYKHRavA4YQFghIMAs&usg=AFQjCNHfCrbzSPsy_udYj-FdWvM4byEiQQ&sig2=ZimbOE0F9-07JfmZRYN0XQ

My car has 12psi at idle when warm. All other rpm ranges are within spec but idle. No codes and car runs fantastic.

Hopefully this repair Fixes my idle oil pressure as I just paid $11000 for this car.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Makinen said:

Hi guys,

Sorry to revive the thread for this, but I am in the market for a 370 as well. Would the 2012 UK-only GT edition have it fixed?

More than likely but there was a revision mid 2012 and I am not sure if that's when these gaskets were changed, I believe the gaskets were upgraded for the MY12 so would include the GT Edition but there is no definitive info on this. 

I had a 2012 (12) plate GT Edition and a 2012 (62) GT Edition and there were some differences between the two, so to be 100% sure buy a 62 plate or newer  

6 hours ago, Richf said:

More than likely but there was a revision mid 2012 and I am not sure if that's when these gaskets were changed, I believe the gaskets were upgraded for the MY12 so would include the GT Edition but there is no definitive info on this. 

I had a 2012 (12) plate GT Edition and a 2012 (62) GT Edition and there were some differences between the two, so to be 100% sure buy a 62 plate or newer  

Oh dear, the budget keeps creeping up... I started thinking I would get away with a bargain, then settled for a 2011 onwards,  and then I learnt about the oil pressure issue and now looking into 62 plate cars... I am already experiencing sports car ownership and I haven't even got it yet!

Edited by Makinen

2 hours ago, Makinen said:

Ok, I have gone through the whole thread, and the summary is this: even on an earlier car pre 2012, if you change those gaskets then you are fine and the problem is sorted forever. Is my understanding correct? 

This is correct yes you are looking at around 1k at abbey or Horsham for this