How long has your OEM clutch lasted

chrisday1990

Hey people

I have hear peoples clutches have lasted from between 40-100k with my clutch at 48k with what i think is a low biting point for a HR ( i understand biting points are characteristically high). might sound daft like a dull topic but its expensive to replace and want to get a general idea.... "obviously driving styles change the game some what"

120k and when the engine was removed the clutch still had plenty of life in it, and I mean plenty.

Now that's just showing off Ian :lol:

That's how I got the nickname "Driving Miss Daisy" at the ZedShed. It's callled taking care of your car as far as I know. I also ran NOS for a while, bit of Nurburgring and plenty of Wales.

• Like 1

Mine's on it's original clutch and flywheel. Previous owner had it for 8.5 years and confirmed the clutch/flywheel was never changed, he purchased it with barely any miles on it. It's just ticked over 91k I believe...

I thought this was a very rare occurrence but after seeing this thread I'm beginning to think this clutch lifespan is very common!

Mine started slipping last year while on the motorway @ 34k miles. £1100 to Nissan for a new OEM one to be fitted... Ouch!

Always read lots of stuff saying knock the zed out of gear at lights and junctions, don't ride the clutch, that advice didn't seem to have helped me... They did say the plate was 50% worn though so not sure what caused it to slip so much?

I'm currently on 61k. Can't find any recipes to say it's been changed so got to assume it's the original. I get chatter in neutral with the clutch released the same as zeezeebaba. I can find it tricky at low revs to engage the clutch smoothly when changing gears but above 2.5k I never have a problem. Maybe I'm just crap at driving mind you 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk