Paul T. 2nd Zed Build thread..... Supercharged- Hulk Buster

P15UL T

Thanks guys. I had asked for the new Renault red. Turns out it's a multi stage pearl. So after taking on the advice of the painter about how hard it was to colour match and get and even spread I asked him to specially mix up something of his own that he woukd be happy using and also be able to easily match in the future should I need anything touched up.

I'm in no rush to get the car back as I've no where to park it !! So after he is finished it'll be going to my friends garage to get the exhaust system, suspension etc etc fitted

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh Paul

Yeah, but was about 7-8months after the respray when the main problem finally showed, whole rear bumper has blisters and slightly on the front and sideskirts, would have gone back but the fact my car came back with things left in places (old towels) and light fittings not fitted etc I wouldn't go back. But I didn't pay much so I guess the saying goes.... I do agree he always does a great job of yours, shame I probably had one of the kids working on mine :headhurt:

Think the parts had not been clean properly or something as when the winter arrived the salt on the road must have had a reaction I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that. He lost a few good guys at one point and was put under a lot of pressure trying to complete work already on his diary with new recruits. I did hear a few stories from friends of friends who were unhappy about the finish as they had used him before. I know he's back up running at full speed again.

Have you had it sorted yet ?

No not yet, was throwing money away on performance parts, still undecided about my front bumper, need to get the saw out again or buy something different. Will eventually do the paint or try wrapping the car myself. I see you had tried a few combinations of bodywork with the new car! Probably the best way to figure out what you like.

• 2 weeks later...