Paul T. 2nd Zed Build thread..... Supercharged- Hulk Buster

P15UL T

• 4 months later...

So my wee fella is now 4 months and getting on great :). The Zed will be coming out of hibernation in the next few weeks and I've been accumulating parts to get fitted. Can't wait to sit back in the seat and feel the boost again. It's been far too long !!

In just a weeks time I'll be getting my garage insulated and sheeted, new flooring and racking then finally I'll get a ramp fitted :D

So the list of parts I have ready to go on

Kenwood app radio with steering wheel harness and facia

GC fabrication harness bar painted in gold

Takata harnesses

Spills earthing kit

New steering wheel by Jack at Royal steering wheels

Berks high flow cats

Spec Stage 2+ Clutch & flywheel

Under bonnet mirror kit

Z1 oil cooler

Torqen stainless undertray

Tyre lettering

19" volks

Ultra racing W brace

Boost, oil temp air/fuel ratio gauges

Edited by P15UL T

I had to sacrifice a perfect condition facelift headlight :( to repair my custom one that had a damage lense.

Also

Took the opportunity to touch up a tiny piece of paint that had rubbed off the corner of one of the 4 led side markers. The other half gave me a funny look when I asked to use her red nail varnish and drying bay lol

CE00AAFD-D490-4663-81EF-F255A19A94C9.jpg.ee9ce828cc0f6f4f2e8c3cf30ec9f7fd.jpg

2FD93E3A-8724-4F1F-9A1E-5C107ED44F42.jpg.3f2092a5e7ea756e6d017fa91f3a3a21.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I never really looked at your car, but it's more or less exactly the combination of mods I set out to do when I first got my car. Many things went their way and mines up for sale end of this month, some projects just never make it... but glad I saw what you did otherwise I'd just have to imagine what I was heading towards!

oh and ...Do you pretend the 370z fog light is an F1 rain/KERS light? I totally turn it on at the first sign of rain, i'm just a big kid hehe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2017 at 10:56 PM, Sarnie said:

Is this still the same car you bought from me!!??!? :surrender:

Well hello old friend :)  No it's not.  I bought another zed after selling my GTR. It was just suppose to be a cheap toy until I finished my house renovation then I'd buy a GTR again ..... but you know how bad my Zeditis is .......

Hello everyone. My names Paul and I have a problem. I can't stop buying shiney stuff Lol

• Like 1

Things are starting to shape up. Got the car back last week and managed to get my garage mostly organised. 

Im going to Cleanfest on the 23rd so I'll new to get my finger out and fit some of the new parts I've got sitting here. 

I managed a quick quick wash and drive in the sunshine today. It was good to feel the boost again :teeth:

IMG_9688.JPG

IMG_9689.JPG

IMG_9690.JPG

IMG_9698.JPG

IMG_9699.JPG

IMG_9701.JPG

IMG_9703.JPG

IMG_9706.JPG

• Like 7

Garage envy B) Cars looking good aswel :thumbs:

It was your graph I'm sure we compared when mapping mine recently, are you running the 2.87 pulley? as I managed to make 340ft lb but was a good bit off on the HP.

2017-06-05 (3).png

2017-06-05 (1).png

Edited by scobie140

35 minutes ago, scobie140 said:

Garage envy B) Cars looking good aswel :thumbs:

It was your graph I'm sure we compared when mapping mine recently, are you running the 2.87 pulley? as I managed to make 340ft lb but was a good bit off on the HP.

2017-06-05 (3).png

2017-06-05 (1).png

Pretty sure it the 3.12 I have.  :thumbs:

1 hour ago, SuperStu said:

Car looks gorgeous mate, nearly as nice as the garage. :cloud9:

Isn't the intercooler a bit exposed down there with no grille in front?

Yeah. The honeycomb grill that came with the bumper didn't fit so I'm going to have to find something else. 

7 hours ago, P15UL T said:

Pretty sure it the 3.12 I have.  :thumbs:

Chris couldn't remember which one you had. There's lots of other variables in the builds it could be, I'm not chasing any numbers just curious on what others have done different to get different results as there is a few things I would do differently if I was to go down that route again.

14 hours ago, scobie140 said:

Chris couldn't remember which one you had. There's lots of other variables in the builds it could be, I'm not chasing any numbers just curious on what others have done different to get different results as there is a few things I would do differently if I was to go down that route again.

Definetly 3.12. I checked today.  I upgraded the intercooler , injectors, fuel pump to larger that what was recommended.  Also fitted a fuel return system. Larger K&N air filter down behind bumper and straight through exhaust (oem manifolds ) 

On 16/07/2017 at 01:20, Olly350z said:

What exactly are you changing with the facelift interior bud? Be interested to see a before and after

Full centre console , knee pads and door cards. Just waiting on a few parts being painted. Hopefully I'll get them by the end of the week. :thumbs:

Edited by P15UL T

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's me finished the interior. Love the facelift items. The steering wheel from Royal is also a work of art !

the harness bar will need a couple of additions to prevent any belt slip in the curved corners. 

Car feels great to drive and I'm looking forward to changing the clutch to give it a bit more bite. I've also got and oil cooler to fit but not sure I really need it unless I start to track the car as the temperature stays consistent even on fast road use. 

Keeping my eye eye out for a 3 gauge A puller pod.  I may end up making my own as I've got parts here.  Just no time just now.  

Enjoy the pictures :)

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG