My euro trip route

Got a few lads doing a euro trip in august. They have planned the route and booked hotels etc, I just have to keep up. I know there is a brand new top spec Lotus exeige going, a ferrari 355 and Im not sure what the other 4 cars are yet. Anyway let me know what you think of the route anyone who has done this sort of trip before. Iv googled some of the places and they look pretty decent drives.

Riems-Gueux (Old F1 circuit you can drive round streets)

St Gotthard Pass

Furka Pass

Great st Bernard Pass

Col De La Bonette / alpes maritime

Route de Gentelly / N85 Route Napoleon

Lecco to stelvio (stelvio pass)

stelvio to davos

Freudenstadt (Route through blackforrest)

Baden-Baden

Nurburgring (Few laps)

Rotterdam Ferry Terminal

There is supposed to be some awesome sounding cars coming so the tunnels should be fun. This is all in 1 week so Im guessing some long ass drives but driving through the moutains with the roof down having a blast with your mates sounds my idea of heaven. Just hope nothing goes wrong!

• Like 1

Yea you will be stuck behind a lot of cyclists, lots of fun though and I never get bored of tunnel running :lol: . I have done 10hrs straight in the alps in the zed, its a great gt car, nice and comfy but still lots of fun in the twists, I got out at the end of the day wanting to turn around and do it all again. I certainly don't envy the exige guys on the long run down and back, it may not be the quickest, but the zed is one of the best cars for this type of trip, envious! Enjoy it.

It would be nice to see a big zed trip one year and meet up with some of the EU groups.

• Like 1

Just came back from a trip was great

However watch tunnel blasting if your going anywhere near the Swiss they have camera's in them and will hammer you a bit down the road one lad a 1800 euro fine for about 30/40 over

They also impounded and still have an audi tt and a gtr which they are making the owners buy back or they are going to auction off

They had unmarked cars on most popular passes.

That been said I didn't receive any fine and if you apply the same common sence to driving there as here you'll have a great time

The most fun day I had was a day that we ditched main routes and went of piste so to speak

Have fun

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

just back from a much longer trip than this but took in most of the roads you mention and at some point over the last three years have done pretty much all of them plus a LOT of others. as people have said it will be busy in August! Italy (yes all of Italy) basically goes on holiday in august and lots of them take their bikes and head for the mountains

enjoy! Grimsel / Furka / Gothard area is one of my favourite bits of road anywhere

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/100067-euro-adventure-picture-heavy/

• 3 weeks later...