Does this idiot think I was born yesterday!!

Alize

Some twit is asking to pay for my Zed (its on pistonheads) by PayPal without seeing it! All done via email.....strangely I haven't had a reply to my 2nd reply stating no I won't open a PayPal acct as I've heard about scams with that so it's either bank transfer after verification of identity via full personal details etc or cash in person. As if I'd let her go to a complete stranger who doesn't give a shite about her! What a plonker! Obviously not English it was okish but phrases were not quite right😠😱😂

Guess some might fall for it if really needed the dosh??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your pain. Mine has been on PistonHeads for a few days and I've been getting constant emails offering between 30-50% off my asking price. Oh, and they say they can pay in 'cash', as if that'll make me give it away lol.

Not had the scammers yet but I'm sure I will soon enough

• Like 1

Similar emails when I try to sell my mini cooper last year. Few asked if I'm interested with a swap plus cash, when I replied politely (to avoid putting off genuine buyer), the stopped all communication. The ask questions that has already been included in the info/description. I got another one asking if I can deliver to a port or something as his in Europe....... But all these tactics...... You'll still hear 1 or 2 people fall for them. :scareb

Someone won my car last week and the day he came to bring the cash called me to tell me he can't get insurance for under £2000 so no longer wants it as he has endorsements on his licence. Had people ask to swap for a BMW 840i, Renault Clio RS 200 Cup, and if I'd sell my wheels. Lots of dreamers out there, think I'll just keep it.

• Like 1

Someone won my car last week and the day he came to bring the cash called me to tell me he can't get insurance for under £2000 so no longer wants it as he has endorsements on his licence. Had people ask to swap for a BMW 840i, Renault Clio RS 200 Cup, and if I'd sell my wheels. Lots of dreamers out there, think I'll just keep it.

God that must have been frustrating. What sort of idiot goes to buy a car without first checking to see if they can get/afford the insurance. :dry::doh:

Plonker. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

What sort of idiot goes to buy a car without first checking to see if they can get/afford the insurance. :dry::doh:

woman who works on the desk opposite me :wacko::doh:

• Like 2

What sort of idiot goes to buy a car without first checking to see if they can get/afford the insurance. :dry::doh:

:lol:

I don't really want to sell it, but as I work abroad and only back 4 times a year it seams a shame for it to sit on the drive. It's only done 26000 miles.

That's a shame.

Still can't be many Zeds with that lower mileage. I'd imagine you should get a decent price for it if you do decide to sell it providing you have a good service history & it's in good condition still.

Good luck with it. ;)

The cars in mint condition inside and out and has full Nissan service history, can't list it on here as I've not been a member long enough which is a shame. It's on all the main sites, AT, PH and Ebay. It's a 2005 Roadster jap import.

Someone will have it I'm sure.

I think I might have a better deal for you...

Due to a misunderstanding with my stock broker I can only pay you in Ugandan dollars, but rest assured I will pay 50% more than your asking price and the currency is strong like bull. I will send my midget butler to collect the car in a darkened location of your choice near a ferry port, away from built up areas. He likes to avoid publicity. Please send your bank account and sort code to peter_kabangala@honestenterprises.co.ck

Have you also considered getting super fast broadband through your gas? Just £1.99 for the first 3 months, £7.99 for the next seven months, £37.99 per month for the remaining 17 years.

• Like 6

It`s a minefield out there. I think you can never tell who`s genuine and who`s not. Just sold my MGF on Ebay. It hadn`t been used on the road for 7 years and I thought I`d be lucky to get much more than scrap value for it selling it for spares or repair so started the auction at the scrap value and it went for almost 8X that amount in the end. I was certain that they can`t realise they`re buying something that I said had no guarantees about the condition as it had been sat in the garage for 7 years or they`re a bit dodgy and they`re not going to be prepared to pay up when they come to collect it but the buyer turned up and was well happy with it and handed over the cash in full before loading it up and taking it away.

• Like 1

Almost did it myself once, I was 22 at the time. Went for a test drive in a Lotus Elan, agreed a p/x deal with the garage selling the Elan then went to see the insurance broker I dealt with (no internet back then). Nobody would insure me, end of story, end of my Lotus Elan dream. Dealer was very understanding, refunded my £50 deposit.

Pete

• Like 2

Not sure my wife knows how to wash a car. Think I remember her washing her C1 that I got her for her birthday about 8 years ago. Just the once mind you. Now she just expects me to wash them both each week. Maybe it`s time to start looking for wife No 4 ..... ;)

• Like 2

I think I might have a better deal for you...

Due to a misunderstanding with my stock broker I can only pay you in Ugandan dollars, but rest assured I will pay 50% more than your asking price and the currency is strong like bull. I will send my midget butler to collect the car in a darkened location of your choice near a ferry port, away from built up areas. He likes to avoid publicity. Please send your bank account and sort code to peter_kabangala@honestenterprises.co.ck

Have you also considered getting super fast broadband through your gas? Just £1.99 for the first 3 months, £7.99 for the next seven months, £37.99 per month for the remaining 17 years.

Fab just fab Stu! Thats why I just love this forum! Makes me smile all the time I'd rather read random threads than watch telly any evening!

I ain't leaving here when I do find an honest enthusiast buyer for my beautiful Zed! Too amusing 😎

Edited by Alize

Almost did it myself once, I was 22 at the time. Went for a test drive in a Lotus Elan, agreed a p/x deal with the garage selling the Elan then went to see the insurance broker I dealt with (no internet back then). Nobody would insure me, end of story, end of my Lotus Elan dream. Dealer was very understanding, refunded my £50 deposit.

Pete

Showin your age there jetset Pete! Late hubby and I had a 1959 lotus elite till kids came along and I was the one that got to drive it to work! Hubby cycled! Actually that's wrong after restoring elite totally had a small prang on a wet road and swapped it for an élan 2+2 which we drove to Sweden for holiday and camped!! Those were the days thanks for reminding me of them. The elite went round corners like it was on rails!such a pretty motor 😇

I feel your pain. Mine has been on PistonHeads for a few days and I've been getting constant emails offering between 30-50% off my asking price. Oh, and they say they can pay in 'cash', as if that'll make me give it away lol.

Not had the scammers yet but I'm sure I will soon enough

Yeah random texts emails and calls all coming to nothing except 1 after 2 days but offered 1200 less than asking and a really keen genuine one on Sunday but I lost out to one in Croydon same price, condition similar mileage for a year older but lower tax and it had flipping orange leather seats! No class but can see the appeal to a 35 year old!😥

Yeah when I was offered 1200 less than asking on a viewing just days after it went online he said the cash word and said it could disappear yeah I am in business but the car is my personal motor so it would make no odds! Smacked of dealer.........😡