Exhaust Valve Timing on HR

Zod

On 01/12/2017 at 20:27, AMT said:

Tried a good few times (pain in the a** trying to hold it lol) but still didn't work. Grrr cheers for the help though. I noticed when you bring the revs up slowly theres a skip at 1500 revs.  May be needing some laptop tuning action to see if it can be sorted. Lol dont care about power sharp throttle ..I jist want the jerk gone lol maybe take it to a place near here called dynatune see what they think

Hey mate, sorry, just seen your post! Sorry to hear it still didn't work. Annoyingly, mine is slowly coming back, so I think it might be a bit more of a serious issue. I spoke a chap at a meet who is a moderator on here, coldel, great guy who suggested changing the spark plugs as that may cause the jerkiness as well so I'll be changing them before forking out for a new clutch! 

• Like 1

My spark plugs were done not long ago and I'm not replacing the clutch regardless. It's done this jerkyness for years even through drag events. It must be the ECU cam timing thing or other I've heard people on about. Or its just a very persistent clutch... who knows lol

6 minutes ago, AMT said:

My spark plugs were done not long ago and I'm not replacing the clutch regardless. It's done this jerkyness for years even through drag events. It must be the ECU cam timing thing or other I've heard people on about. Or its just a very persistent clutch... who knows lol

Ah fair enough, at least you know it's not that then. I might bite the bullet and get an uprev remap done after changing the plugs. Just a shame that we and many others have to put up with it haha 

• 4 years later...

Hello guys

please help 

Omg Finally I got the direct key

I have sputtering and rpm hesitation after only warm up between 1000 to 15000 rpm 

these results confirmed by driving long distance with every try just to confirm the results

vtc issue - the yellow marks in the pic 

1 - disconnected both sides = issue gone

2 - disconnected right side only = issue gone

3 - disconnected left side = issue gone

4 - plugged both sides = got the issue back

Really want to confirm before I waste more and more money

My oil pressure is warm idle between 8-10psi , 2000rpm is around 38 psi , cold start around 80 psi 

I am living here in dubai with weather temperature up to 43 degrees 

I know the gallery gaskets needs to replaced but for now ,This sputtering will be fixed after I replace this vtc or the oil pressure will be the main issue? , I know and saw in groups some guys their oil pressure that 8 psi and they don’t have this sputtering

if the replacement will fix , do I need to replace both sides full covers assembly or just the variable valve timing solenoid

is there any possibility of any other warn parts effecting the vtc functions like bad pcv valve or others

EC5CF889-A7BC-4C97-977C-82D8C4CAC8B2.jpeg