Advice on tyre widths on stock Rays / Wider Alloys (Done research!)

Hig

Hi guys,

So following the installation of my Bilstein B8's and Tein S-Tech springs, along with the imminent arrival of my Stillen roll bars, I am looking to fit the Pilot Super Sport's to finish off the upgrades (not liking the Hankook V12's).

I don't know how worthwhile spending £800+ on a new set of wider wheels would be (thinking 8.5 front and 9.5 rear) so instead I was thinking of fitting slightly wider than stock tyres on the GT alloys (as I do like them), the tyre sizes I'd like advice on are:

F: 235/35 R18

R: 255/35 R18

The difference in circumference becomes 2% ... As opposed to the 2.7% of the stock tyre sizes (although I'd appreciate if someone could confirm I've got that right)

So my question is will those sizes work with regards to the systems on the car? And if so will the handling still be ok?

I'd also like opinions on whether wider wheels and even wider tyres would be £800 worth it.

Thanks in advance all!

255 is absolute max on a 8.5, I am running a 9 with 255/25 and its square, no issues with tc system (235 front)

Is It worth it, depends a lot on what you use the car for and whether your happy with the look of the Rays. Most on here upgrade to 19's and run a 275, 245, buts thats for looks not for performance, lack of traction.

Yeah I'm interested in the performance aspect if these are ok:

F: 235/35 R18

R: 255/35 R18

Otherwise there is:

F: 235/45 R18

R: 255/45 R18

I'd prefer the 35 profile really, think the sidewalls would be stiffer.