*** TORQEN *** TORQEN partnerships with AAM to develop RHD version TwinTurbo kit

Adrian@TORQEN

• 2 weeks later...

Adrian, can u explain what the "PVC upgrade", included in the AAM kit, comprises of? Is it just a check valve to stop the PVC valve from seeing positive pressure when the intake pipes are under boost?

I've been contemplating adding a (dual) oil catch can ever since, and with the TT kit even more so. Will a normal catch can be compatible with said "PVC upgrade"? What's your take on using an OCC at all? Needless to say, I like things clean and gunk-free ;)

Thx m8

René,

the PCV system hardware includes a check-valve to control pressure.

AAM says that not all their twin turbo build customers use oil catch cans. It is not something mandatory, but can be used as a form of extra "insurance" from blow-by. Standard catch cans will work perfectly fine in this application.

Adrian

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just received this photo and I don't think that's a part they can remove to fit the turbo... now awaiting feedback from AAM:

IMG-20151123-WA0001_zpsuad5jwlp.jpg

Btw, have you considered taking the opportunity of the motor being pulled and strengthening it internally at all?

Yes... but can't afford it at present, I'll see how I get on with the max the standard internals can take and maybe go for more power later on.

I just received this photo and I don't think that's a part they can remove to fit the turbo... now awaiting feedback from AAM:

Ah, this interference with our RHD steering column was quite expected. Thus, Torqen most probably need to now redesign the RHD exh/Manifold to clear the column. Full steam ahead :D

Ah, this interference with our RHD steering column was quite expected. Thus, Torqen most probably need to now redesign the RHD exh/Manifold to clear the column. Full steam ahead :D

I thought AAM had already tried to modify and provided their first attempt based on random guesswork without actually seeing a RHD... although I could be completely wrong on that front.

• Like 1

I thought the above was the biggest problem with the kit ..... Its designed for left hand cars ? Odd as i would have thought this would have been sorted, as supposed to have be made for RHD cars ? Given adrian and the team though im sure its a obsticle easy to over come :) I know i had a few headachs with my build !

Edited by Bodyboarder81

I thought the above was the biggest problem with the kit ..... Its designed for left hand cars ? Odd as i would have thought this would have been sorted, as supposed to have be made for RHD cars ? Given adrian and the team though im sure its a obsticle easy to over come :) I know i had a few headachs with my build !

That's pretty much the point of fitting the kit to my car first. I have my car for fun and only do about 1-2k miles per year and hardly any miles in winter, so if they need my car for a couple of months as a guinea pig to get the kit adjusted/modified then that's fine with me... although I would've liked a bigger discount. :stir: :stir:

• Like 1

Bit late to be talking about discount now they have your car in bits ! Hahahah

As with everything like this , all takes time and tweeking to get it right . Will be epic once fitted though :) what sort of power are you aiming for on the stock block ?

3 beeeliion hp!

• Like 1

As with everything like this , all takes time and tweeking to get it right . Will be epic once fitted though :) what sort of power are you aiming for on the stock block ?

3 beeeliion hp!

Sounds legit :)

3 beeeliion hp!

Sounds legit :)

:lol: This made my day :lol:

Edited by V1H

3 beeeliion hp!

Hay ..... Aim high i say :)

• 4 weeks later...