*** TORQEN *** TORQEN partnerships with AAM to develop RHD version TwinTurbo kit

Adrian@TORQEN

LOL sounds as hillarious as real it must be. Simply cannot get my head around boost in my Z :yahoo:

You're probably right though. I will let you install the TT kit + tune. Better safe than sorry. Ive already got UpRev license on the ECU if that helps

I'm ready when you are :p

Look forward to hearing how it goes - please post a write up, pics, vids etc for those of who might consider it down the line. :)

Little update on this:

AAM started working on building the first two kits, one for the 350z HR and the other for 370z. As soon as they land here, we'll start working on them and post details and progress here.

Looking forward to receive them in the next few weeks!

Edited by octet@TORQEN

• 3 weeks later...

Adrian, can u explain what the "PVC upgrade", included in the AAM kit, comprises of? Is it just a check valve to stop the PVC valve from seeing positive pressure when the intake pipes are under boost?

I've been contemplating adding a (dual) oil catch can ever since, and with the TT kit even more so. Will a normal catch can be compatible with said "PVC upgrade"? What's your take on using an OCC at all? Needless to say, I like things clean and gunk-free ;)

Thx m8

• 2 weeks later...

Received a huge delivery from Torqen weighing over 50kg and am now proud owner of the first AAM TwinTurbo Kit for the 370Z RHD :yahoo:

EDIT: Just to be absolutely clear, my kit is a standard LHD kit and will be adapted to fit RHD by Torqen, here in the UK. It will function as blueprint for future RHD kits. Modifications will most likely involve redesigning and casting a new Driver side (UK) manifold and work will commence soon.

TT.jpg

The Kit is very comprehensive, containing well over 100 parts. Apart from the TT Tuner kit it also contains a set of ID1000 injectors, DeatschWerks DW300 fuel pump kit (340 lph), CJM Stage 1 Fuel Return System and GReddy Profec Electronic Boost Controller.

The quality of the entire package is overwhelming, the parts selection top notch. I am particularly intrigued by the small size and beauty of the boost controller :wub:

TT2.jpg

Also, I am amazed by the beefiness and weight of some of the parts. The Turbos and ExhManifolds plus Intercooler sum up to 35.5kg alone! Their refinement and built quality really is exceeding my expectations. Adrian, you mind I lock up the turbos in my glass cabinet instead? Here some photos, behold in awe :notworthy:

The manifolds in particular are incredibly solid and compact. As you know, they are tubular cast stainless steel and very smooth inside. The wall thickness is considerable! If anything is ever gonna break, those manifolds will go last :lol:

TT3.jpg

TT4.jpg

TT5.jpg

The 3" downpipes with optional HFC are bazooka super-size. Intriguingly, they are not identical, showcasing the level of customization and refinement of this kit.

TT6.jpg

Now it's waiting until Torqen is ready for the install, which will extend to installing a Competition Clutch Stage 2 - Street Series 2100 Clutch and lightweight Flywheel, plus ZSPeed Heavy Duty CSC and S/S Clutch Hose upgrade

Yee Haa! :stir:

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

Before it's my turn at Torqen, though, we'll be seeing the completion of the installs of an AAM TT 350Z and a Stillen SC 370Z.

Of course I'll keep you updated. Exciting months ahead :snack:

Edited by V1H