*** TORQEN *** TORQEN partnerships with AAM to develop RHD version TwinTurbo kit

Adrian@TORQEN

I thought AAM had already tried to modify and provided their first attempt based on random guesswork without actually seeing a RHD... although I could be completely wrong on that front.

Nope, the kits are provided standard LHD, have a look at these photos taken at SEMA 2015:

2015-12-19_12-38-44.jpeg

2015-12-19_12-39-13.jpeg

2015-12-19_12-39-45.jpeg

2015-12-19_12-40-12.jpeg

2015-12-19_12-40-41.jpeg

As expected, it's not easy and takes a lot of time to develop the right setup for the RHD cars, we're working on it with AAM production managers, engineers and marketing guys, rest assured :)

• Like 1

As with all these threads I still don't "get" forced induction (particularly in terms of the huge cost and effort involved), when you could buy an R33/34/35 instead. Maybe it's just me...

For a quality well looked after r35 your talking 40 grand

And a r33 and even r34 isn't saying much to a blown 370z at the same sort of cost

So I'd say it comes down to what you want

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Drayvn,

We're still working on it with AAM, they're developing the RHD manifold to accommodate both 350z HR and 370z to make the project less costly / cost effective. So virtually, as soon as the manifold is ready and test fitted, it will work for both 350z HR and 370z.

We're shipping more parts to AAM today so they can have a full working RHD setup in house, things like front frame, steering rack etc.

Hopefully not very long now, as there is a huge interest in the kit, having so many PMs, emails and texts about it :)

Adrian

Hi Drayvn,

We're still working on it with AAM, they're developing the RHD manifold to accommodate both 350z HR and 370z to make the project less costly / cost effective. So virtually, as soon as the manifold is ready and test fitted, it will work for both 350z HR and 370z.

We're shipping more parts to AAM today so they can have a full working RHD setup in house, things like front frame, steering rack etc.

Hopefully not very long now, as there is a huge interest in the kit, having so many PMs, emails and texts about it :)

Adrian

Thanks for the update, still eagerly waiting for when this officially releases as i'll be getting my hands on a kit

Or

The Stillen Supercharger!

So difficult!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So.... any more news?

A steering rack for a 350Z HR and 370Z has been received by AAM, they're using those to redesign the manifold now... no idea when that will get back to the UK though.

You could save for a r35 in this time lol

• Like 1