Driving fine then car shut down loss of throttle steering everything...

SkylineV35

Was driving along stuck in traffic and then car slip and vdc light came on... then every other light came on and lost power and everything... I thought hmm must have stalled it somehow... so switched it off and started her up drove fine for 5minutes then same thing again..so chucked the obd reader on and came up with the following codes p1615 (difference of key), p2138 (app sensor), p0158 (ho2s2(b2))

I done some research and it appears to be NATS malfunctioning, the other code I think is pedal sensor, and lastly ob2 sensor.

Now i searched for my spare key and will try that tomorrow, I think the pedal sensor may be due to the nats kicking in.. and 02 sensor is due to being sports cat.

Question is if my spare key doesnt solve the problem,does anyone know how much Nissan generally charges to reprogram the ecu and keys? or would it be more cost effective to get the car uprevd and have nats disabled... and will having the nats disabled solve the problem?

when this happened to me it was my crankshaft position sensor, was actually a recall by Nissan, so if you contact them it should be free mine was last year and the recall was from 2004 onwards, dunno if they used the same parts with your car and the issue is related but hey!

• Like 1