ZeppoJeff's Zed Journey - RB26 swap In Progress

ZeppoJeff

Where did you get the headlights from mate? Smarten front end up loads.

Bought them off one of the members on here as he was selling up to buy a 370z

They are just the HR lights but internals painted and iron man mod installed

Just love a black roof lining, I did a similar thing with my MR2 Turbo, totally transformed the interior, excellent job you did there. What material did you use for it? (being a lazy sod and not reading all 8 pages)

I just used a faux suede i found online. Don't think it was to expensive just a bit of an arse to work with when it came to the front of the liner with the curves. You're right though it totally transforms the interior.

• 1 month later...

Finally some new discs and pads on the Zed. To say they had seen better days is an understatement.

Upgraded the discs to 6 groove black diamond and pads to project mu hc+

Can't wait to get home and try them out properly

49ebef0f6f0d8c6452fc5048b0e2909e.jpg

Edited by ZeppoJeff
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well that's the zed away for winter now and it's looking like it might be off the road for a whole lot longer :(

e00c3a147cfa97e01a1efa0966cab852.jpg

It's all good though as it's going to be off the road for a good reason.

Here we have the reason for the hibernation and a thread revival :)

3ede7bb09b1d5b1f6bda73deb730a7ff.jpg

• Like 5

^^^ nice one Jeff going to be amazing when complete hardly see engine swaps on the 350 now a days.

What's your target power wise ?

Hoping for a healthy 500whp when finished. Don't want to go all out to begin with as then there is no where to go afterwards.

Hopefully get it started at the beginning of 2017 when I'm back from work.

• 3 weeks later...
Such a good build thread mate! The car is going to be a weapon with the RB26 in it! :wub:

How was the fitment of the RT Performance front bumper? Thinking of getting one myself.

Cheers buddy, nah never had any issues with the fitment at all.

Body shop was overly impressed by the quality of it compared to other kits they've installed. Some kits are flimsy but the rt front bumper is solid.

Edited by ZeppoJeff

Such a good build thread mate! The car is going to be a weapon with the RB26 in it! :wub:

How was the fitment of the RT Performance front bumper? Thinking of getting one myself.

Cheers buddy, nah never had any issues with the fitment at all.

Body shop was overly impressed by the quality of it compared to other kits they've installed. Some kits are flimsy but the rt front bumper is solid.

Thats good to know its decent quality! Cheers! Looking forward to seeing your next stage of the build :D

Just seen this, good luck dude. It's a journey in itself. What's the usage on the RB?

I would direct you to a page I'm on via facebook which has been the source of a lot of information during my swap. Although it's purely a LS page, but there's got to be something else out there for added support if needed.

• Like 1

Just seen this, good luck dude. It's a journey in itself. What's the usage on the RB?

I would direct you to a page I'm on via facebook which has been the source of a lot of information during my swap. Although it's purely a LS page, but there's got to be something else out there for added support if needed.

Cheers wasso.

The rb26 came from a from someone I knows well looked after r33 gtr that sadly got written off last year. Only has about 50k miles on it and pretty standard.

This isn't going to be a quick build in anyway as I'm wanting to get it done just right with upgrading lots of parts in the engine.

I've found someone in the states that's done the swap himself so been firing questions to him so far. If I need any advice though I'll get in touch.