ZeppoJeff's Zed Journey - RB26 swap In Progress

ZeppoJeff

When I read the first phe and you went for a second gunmetal I was in full face palm mode lol

Id be well chuffed if I was you. A few further tweeks and it will be one of the nicest on here

Glad your looking at modded headlights cos that orange reflector clashes. Any thoughts on caliper colour change? Your wheels might hide them but I think they clash as well. Never liked the orange brembos

When I read the first phe and you went for a second gunmetal I was in full face palm mode lol

Id be well chuffed if I was you. A few further tweeks and it will be one of the nicest on here

Glad your looking at modded headlights cos that orange reflector clashes. Any thoughts on caliper colour change? Your wheels might hide them but I think they clash as well. Never liked the orange brembos

So I personally like the gold brembos but not 100% yet. Think I'm going to paint the new works the same colour as wheels are now but with the polish lips still.

Headlights will be going black probably but it's just the price of replacements that scares me...haha

Thanks for those comments though...means a lot to me to hear that from someone.

When I looked back on how much I spent on my zed I was shocked but I had no regrets. Loved it to bits and still miss it 3 years on. You've came this far (and spent that much) don't worry about a few hundred quid on lights they will set off the front end

Chargespeed rear with v2 front and side steps is the most common combo on here but this colour sets it off nicely

Today I met Bems and bought some unwanted zed parts from him since selling his zed. Me being me was straight home ripping open boxes and pulling stuff out bags to get it all fitted like kid at Christmas not being able to wait.

First of all it was the easy one and got the genuine luggage net installed

d3ce8b7fdaaef532982aa1b629fc5f61.jpg

Then I got myself some genuine nismo engine bling installed

d49b11c57cd740eaf5a6ac075c03824f.jpg

bda7118bb9bfa699052c51aa0ff072a2.jpg

Next was the bonnet dampers in and this certainly just adds a bit of class to under the bonnet

5c03eecb4a1ae156e37aad4f259758c6.jpg

Into the car I went again and got this wee beauty installed. Pretty easy to get the new nismo pedal on to be fair.

ed0149cb46a5bfac716db4534ec1a5b6.jpg

Obviously leaving the best til last I got this genuine titanium nismo knob installed. What an difference it makes with shifting seriously. What an PITA it was to install though...well getting the old one off at least

e47fc840bb33edba40886d598117c120.jpg

Testing wheels today and have to say I personally think they look epic...haha

Seems the fronts are going to need quite a bit spacing to get past the brembos but back fit nice and snug.

8686df0823337e4a7f48a7592b3fb01e.jpg

f11cd8d46f75bf6da560f1f868068960.jpg

cd2d53b7d33bcde4b3cc527935c24ab1.jpg

73ea6f77e95c30e7c2ad64910c9d3bab.jpg

Now just to find some tyres to fit and work out if I'll need any stretch at the front to fit under arches.

Meh...that's another day though

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So trying to work out what's to be done to the car when I get home and it seems it's quite a list ive got on my hands once u put it down on paper :/

Car to do list-

Fix indicator (passenger)

Fix wing mirror (passenger)

Fix plate bulbs holes

Fix fog light

Fix rear light (drivers)

Fit push rivets

Fit new lights

Fit spacers

Fit new wheels/nuts (seal wheels!!!)

Fit coilovers

Fit camber arms

Fit toe bolts

Fit harness cover

Fit slam panel

Fit new engine bolts

Fit throttle body

Fit side plate holder with import plate

Fit samco hoses

Fit racing thermostat

Get hunter 4 wheel alignment

Give car a full detail and wax

Sell OEM camber arms

Sell Ray's (possibly)

Sell OEM suspension

Sell pre rear lights

Sell pre headlights

Sell OEM spoiler

SAVE FOR SUPERCHARGER!!!!!

To say I'm going to be busy is an understatement I think. May also have to find myself a second job haha

Edited by ZeppoJeff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After having the wheels sitting about for some time I have finally gotten them on the car

93c5721030590b659d973063095e30dc.jpg

Now all I have to do is get the coilovers sorting and lights changed tomorrow and that should be everything for a whiles (on the outside)

I'll update how I get on tomorrow

• Like 8