ZeppoJeff's Zed Journey - RB26 swap In Progress

ZeppoJeff

Nice, I do love my R33, got about 385bhp atm which is plenty for me. What engine upgrades are you doing, be very interested to know ;)

So far some of mods planned for the engine are

Tomei oil pump

Nismo water pump

Tomei poncams

Injectors 1000c

Arp head studs

Metal head gasket

Baffled oil sump

Rwd conversion

Borg warner single conversion

Top mount turbo manifold

This alone should strengthen the parts that are prone to go and help me get a healthy 500whp

• Like 1

Nice, I do love my R33, got about 385bhp atm which is plenty for me. What engine upgrades are you doing, be very interested to know ;)

Tomei oil pump

Nismo water pump

Tomei poncams

Injectors 1000c

Arp head studs

Metal head gasket

Baffled oil sump

Rwd conversion

Top mount turbo manifold

This alone should strengthen the parts that are prone to go and help me get a healthy 500whp

Very nice! Are you on any of the gtr forums? Might be worth joining one.

• Like 1

Tomei oil pump

Nismo water pump

Tomei poncams

Injectors 1000c

Arp head studs

Metal head gasket

Baffled oil sump

Rwd conversion

Top mount turbo manifold

Very nice! Are you on any of the gtr forums? Might be worth joining one.

Yeah I'm on the gtr forum...always waiting for some decent parts to pop up for the build.

Gonna be a long and painful journey :/

• Like 1

Just seen this, good luck dude. It's a journey in itself. What's the usage on the RB?

I would direct you to a page I'm on via facebook which has been the source of a lot of information during my swap. Although it's purely a LS page, but there's got to be something else out there for added support if needed.

Cheers wasso.

The rb26 came from a from someone I knows well looked after r33 gtr that sadly got written off last year. Only has about 50k miles on it and pretty standard.

This isn't going to be a quick build in anyway as I'm wanting to get it done just right with upgrading lots of parts in the engine.

I've found someone in the states that's done the swap himself so been firing questions to him so far. If I need any advice though I'll get in touch.

Niiice! I'll pop the question on the FB page just in case. You can never have too much resource or information.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update other than the stripping of the rb26 has began.

ffaa093c070c3bb08bd6f9ecff1976b3.jpg

Just trying to get it to a bare state so then I can decide how deep I'm going to go into it.

So far it's looking like the plan is going to forged internals, port and polishing, uprated cams, single turbo and many other uprated parts

What's the logic on single vs twin turbo?

More space, keep temperatures down, easier to work on. Single turbos have came on so in much in the years.

Years ago singles were really laggy and only really good for big hp but not so much the case now.

Pretty much this YouTube video made me decide to go single rather than standard twins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=45ZODU3XWlg

Edited by ZeppoJeff
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So what's been happening recently...

I've now got the engine stripped down as far as I can before I send it away to get fully rebuilt with forged internals and 2.8 stroker kit 😈

4a94821d716108a35b48313945e507e9.jpg

1ea3dc4bf528b68057a31ab4c95f82ee.jpg

d16bb3369dfaff7761626ffbcde05105.jpg

Today is going to be cutting off awd diff from the sump so it's just rwd and getting it all welded up.

Also got this for the other half the other day as a belated xmas present

5f588fc5c1e474adcbf4a78f11149e67.jpg

0db4568775535aa171a34377ef27f370.jpg

Edited by ZeppoJeff
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

So with the oil industry being a bit to pot just now the engine swap has came to a stand still really so been trying to occupy myself with other things.

The past week I've been giving thecar a good detail for a show and shine coming up and this is the outcome.

0767e37a4c103516d88e9a7974f3650c.jpg

7037d8993a5b31fb761713cc3ee473da.jpg

Also got some fresh tints all round and wheels refurbished as the works were ruined using through 2 winters

c23a954f4d0725075996328bd42e5800.jpg

b8f73fcc0c88ea3e46d93544cd4c3ff3.jpg

d0409b4c87ac8ae9390bb8831a15a442.jpg

4c54d815c92f4440c216fa294d6be2b3.jpg

Edited by ZeppoJeff
  • Like 6

Always cheers me up when I see you driving along Market Street. Looking good man :thumbs:

Haha do you hear or see me first 😂

I'll have to come see you sometime

Normally hear it first! :lol:

Aye, swing by the boat some time and I'll show you round. Won't take long, it's only small!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Recently had a friend make me some custom LED rear clusters. Never liked the look of the LED ones on the market so went for a more oem look with LEDS

This is just a taster until i get them back and on the car but already with these snap shots I'm pretty impressed.

IMG_6727.JPG

IMG_6728.JPG

• Like 1

On 05/02/2017 at 10:30, ZeppoJeff said:

Also got this for the other half the other day as a belated xmas present

5f588fc5c1e474adcbf4a78f11149e67.jpg

0db4568775535aa171a34377ef27f370.jpg

Where did you get the rhd triple gauge gauge pod ?  I've been looking but resigned to the fact I'd need to make my own 

thanks

paul 

Edited by P15UL T

1 minute ago, P15UL T said:

Where did you get the rhd triple gauge gauge pod ?  I've been looking but resigned to the fact I'd need to make my own 

thanks

paul 

Cant remember off the top of my head but was somewhere in the states.

• 3 months later...