Passenger window issue

InsanezeD

Ok so when we open our doors the window drops a 1/4 inch and then seals again when closing, but my passenger door window when opening drops about an inch and doesn't go back up when closed and when opening again drops a further inch and this goes on until the window is fully down, it's been going on for some time now but it's not been so much as a problem really because I don't usually carry passengers (that's what my Qashqai is for) anyhoo if I do open the passenger door I can manually close the window by the switch on the drivers door, but lately I've been taking my 6 year old here and there (as if it's just him he prefers to go in daddy's car) and it's been left open a number of times now because he doesn't understand and I forget so it's time to fix it.

Today I've had the door card off and done the window reset procedure: disconnect motor power for a minute or so, reconnect motor power, close door, fully close window, hold reset button and lower window until it's down fully, release reset button ensuring its fully out, fully close window, open door.

This hasn't worked and I'd tried it a number of times.

Can anyone confirm the above looks about right or have I done it wrong?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and it's caused by something else like a dodgy door switch?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Yep this is the method I used, I did it both with door open to start and with door closed to start but it hasn't worked.

Soo unless it's something else it must be a knackered motor? It goes up and down perfectly just drops too far when doors opened and doesn't re-seal when doors closed.

Baffled

Same issue here mate. Mine goes up and down via the switch without issue but the auto-pinch on door open doesn't work, it drops the window 1/3 down and it just stays there. If you try to raise it, it will re-drop to the same position. I have to over-write this 1/3 down position by holding the switch in the UP position until I hear a click.

Like I said, doing the Nissan method with me inside with the door shut (be careful closing the door with glass fully raised) did the trick, but it only lasted 3 days before it stopped again.

These window motors are a notorious pain in the ass. Have you taken the motor itself apart to see what condition the brushes are in? Chances are they're worn out and the insides are filthy. A quick fix is to clean out the motor but this won't last long before it fails again. I repaired my motor by going to Maplins and buying new brushes. There is a bit of fettling involved to get them to fit but i've had trouble free operation for over a year now. If you need the catalogue number pm me and i'll send it on. Hope this helps.

P.S.can't read the thumbnail as i'm using my phone to reply to this post.

No I've not had the motor out, I just removed the door card to access the reset button, trying to fix the motor is looking like the logical next step so yes if you can forward the part/catalogue number on that'd be smashing

Cheers

I'd try splitting the motor first off as chances are it'll be covered in all sorts of grease & fluff. Then check the brushes as there is a possibility that if they are not too worn then a good clean up could do the job. Regardless i'll dig out the catalogue numbers for you and pm them to you. They will cost you in the region of £6-50 for the pair, far cheaper than a new motor..

I had this problem years ago - same symptoms. Had to buy a new window motor in the end as nothing else worked. Managed to get one off ebay though for £5 so a bargain. Worked flawlessly ever after.

I tried cleaning the bushes etc, but made no difference to mine. See if Zmanalex has any second hand ones knocking about?

I had this problem years ago - same symptoms. Had to buy a new window motor in the end as nothing else worked. Managed to get one off ebay though for £5 so a bargain. Worked flawlessly ever after.

I tried cleaning the bushes etc, but made no difference to mine. See if Zmanalex has any second hand ones knocking about?

+1 for new motor, had mine done under warranty and it fixed the problem.

Don't spose it's gonna be long before drivers side does the same😓

• 3 weeks later...
I'd try splitting the motor first off as chances are it'll be covered in all sorts of grease & fluff. Then check the brushes as there is a possibility that if they are not too worn then a good clean up could do the job. Regardless i'll dig out the catalogue numbers for you and pm them to you. They will cost you in the region of £6-50 for the pair, far cheaper than a new motor..

Hi mate can i also have the part number as my window is clicking but not moving at all

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk