370z Pop Chargers / Cone Intakes worth bothering with?

Dynamic Turtle

As per the title, are any aural improvements delivered by systems like the K&N Typhoon or Stillen Gen 3 Long intakes worth the £350-500 outlay? It's a lot of money for some tubes and filters! Some say the induction noise on the 3.7 is just fundametally crud and little can be done about it without dropping serious money on new headers & the like. Would be interested in hearing views (cue a dozen traders chiming in saying how brill they are!)

What's the general power loss with the short ram versions? Not sure I want to cut holes in stuff for long tube intakes and I don't mind losing some ponies as they will be offset by HFC gains.

Very difficult to tell any noticeable improvement on the numerous youtube vids out there...

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

• 8 months later...
Don't bother save your hard earned for some drop in filters and change left over :)

Surely they can't be that bad I had 3 different intakes on my last car all cone filters and never had any heatsoak problems all I'm after is some noise just wish the HKS RSK was cheaper for the Z as the CTR FN2 version was epic

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I did a lot of research on mine and the general consensus is the best in terms of hp is the stillen gen 3 which can give 10-15 hp , in comparison the drop ins with silicone intake pipes will give 6-10hp. You need to cut the car up to fit the stillen kit which i wasn't willing to do

Many of the other options with filters in the engine bay can cost horsepower at the expense of a better noise. Ultimately whether the difference can be felt between any of these options is debatable

• 3 weeks later...