Bumper respray needed or excuse to get a front lip?

terry06

After leaving my car on the road outside my parents house for all of 30 mins I come out to find this...

IMAG0835_zpsrrz01m5b.jpg

I know its nothing major compared to what has happened to some peoples cars but I am fuming. The mark was definately not there when I arrived and whatever has caused it has scraped the paint right back to the plastic and left quite deep scrapes. This was the side of the car facing the road so I know I have not touched a curb etc. I take pride in my cars and always park carefully anyway.

Now I am just weighing up my options and would like some advice...

Option 1) - Touch it in

If this was another colour I would take this option without thinking about it but I have been told Ultra Yellow is a very hard colour to match. So I'm not sure whether it is possible to achieve a satisfactory finish. Any thoughts or anyone with experience of matching this colour?

Option 2) Full bumper respray

If it's not possible to touch in roughly how much would a bumper respray cost? Any recommendations on where to take it? (closer to brighton area the better) And again if it is such a hard colour to match would I still be able to notice it's been sprayed?

Option 3) Cover it up with a front lip

I'm still not sure whether I want to start modifying the body as I know it's a slippery slope. I'm pretty sure a front lip would cover the mark but then would it look a bit crap without other body mods?

Basically what I am asking is what would you guys do in this situation? All thoughts/opinions welcome

Edited by terry06

We'd advice to do a decent respray. It would remove any other stone chips from the bumper too.

Mines lip for instance, might go that high to cover the damage.

Feel free to PM us for a quote or more information ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. The thing is there aren't really any stone chips on the rest of the bumper as it has protective film on it.

Would you avoid blending it in?

Fit a lip for Temp fix, cheapest option - If you're quick you might get in Tarmacs group buy thread.

However damage will always be there and will need removing at some point.

That damage isn't really worth a full respray.

Could try dropping Mouthwash a PM as he live local and has his bumper sprayed a few times - Might know someone local.

• Like 1

Hmm wasn't aware of the group buy will have a look. And I agree about not really being worth a whole bumper respray but I don't want a touch up that's noticeable. I will go around a few body shops when I get a chance to get their opinion and ask some of the local guys for recommendations.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the advice. The thing is there aren't really any stone chips on the rest of the bumper as it has protective film on it.

Would you avoid blending it in?

What protective film is on it bud?

Mines chipped to hell and im getting a full respray in bumper for £140 from a local bodyshop who are awesome but if i can further protect it i will

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Still haven't got round to getting this sorted due to spending on servicing, MOT and new tyres. Decided I will just get the bumper sprayed at some point but also decided the scuffed/corroded wheels are letting the car down more so will have them refurb'd first. Now just got to decide on colour :dry:

What protective film is on it bud?

Mines chipped to hell and im getting a full respray in bumper for £140 from a local bodyshop who are awesome but if i can further protect it i will

Not sure what film is on it as the first owner had it done and there is no receipt in the paperwork, although I have been told by a member on here that the kit for the front end costs a good few hundred quid

Edited by terry06