Need for Speed reboot

StevoD

• 1 month later...

I haven't played it enough yet to say it's 'bad' but its certainly not as good as the hype... although nothing ever is!

The handling is all a bit weird, hopefully they will fix that as it's bugged and the customisation is only deep on certain cars... others don't have much customisation at all. The fact it's only online is a pain in the arse because you can't pause the game and it just keeps coming up with phonecalls of people trying to start races, filling the screen when you are in the middle of a race... it's all things that could be sorted in updates I guess

It's bloody awful. Ignore everything else that's bad about it (the online element with no lobby, the dreadful 'acting' in the cutscenes, the tinny muzak), it's the handling that's truly shocking. I had mine set to grip, and all it did was understeer into walls.

Sure, it's very easy to make a chavmobile in game, but it really should be better than that. I'd avoid.