Chargespeed bumper

jayrishi

Ok so I've been looking for a rear bumper for a while and after going japfest I've decided to go for the chargespeed. Now I need some help on where to source I know rt performance sell it but what is that quality like? And I've also seen Amazon sell it apparently oem. Has anyone had brought it off amazon?

Any help would be appreciated

I bought a replica from RT and wasnt that impressed with the work necessary to fit vs purchase price, in the end it cost the same as buying an original inc fitting, in hindsight i would have bought original. I also note another member had similar concerns around about the same time i purchased mine or shortly after.

Get a fitted price from RT if i was you so you can budget.

My chargespeed from RT is a superb fit and I know others feel the same way. It will need fettling and to be honest RT are the best to do this for you. They fitted and painted mine originally and re modded it again to show off my ARK Grip. Some photos for you below of their work.

6ea80531-dba1-4497-8aa4-565aa090c23c_zps9eca50c5.jpg

Myz040_zps945a5390.jpg

get-attachment3_zps42dfccce.jpg

• Like 1

My chargespeed from RT is a superb fit and I know others feel the same way. It will need fettling

Interesting that today in another thread re chargespeed bumper, you wrote "its a needs a fair bit of fettling to fit"

That doesnt sound like a superb fit to me if it needed said fair bit of fettling to make it that way.

Not picking holes at you but the question the op asked was in relation to quality, if it needs a fair bit of fettling, i wouldnt

say the quality is that good, would you?

It is a quality bit of kit believe me but it needs fettling around the number plate light and if you want an oem like panel gap all the way round it will need tweaking as does any fibreglass.

Edited by Payco

Ok so I've been looking for a rear bumper for a while and after going japfest I've decided to go for the chargespeed. Now I need some help on where to source I know rt performance sell it but what is that quality like? And I've also seen Amazon sell it apparently oem. Has anyone had brought it off amazon?

I'm pretty sure that was me you spoke to at Japfest in the queue then? haha

Genuine copy from Amazon - a Thread somewhere on here about someone who bought one from Amazon, fitted fine and had the CS seal of approval init.

I bought mine of Amazon, it definitely did fit fine eventually.. as I'll explain below..

I messaged the guy who bought it off amazon but deleted the thread as my inbox was getting full. He said the bodyshop still had trouble with fitting it though...

Yea that was me, to be honest I think it was the bodyshop just trying to make excuses for why they hadn't finished the job sooner. Basically when they first began to fit it, they said it looked rough, so they were good enough to smoothen the rough edges etc.. Then one day they rang me saying they couldn't fit it, so I went over and tried myself and got it on first time with all the original mounts. :bangin: So in hindsight, I wont be using that particular bodyshop again! However Since i managed to "fit" it for them, they finished the job, and it looks stunning. I haven't got a decent pic, will get one after I've cleaned the ol' girl!

• Like 1

It is a quality bit of kit believe me

I think i will believe what i saw with mine thanks and it was far from quality or a superb fit :)

A bit of fettling or a fair bit of fettling are two different things though ;)

Original @ £305 is a steal: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charge-Speed-0260-Bumper-Nissan/dp/B00DOPIGBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432743214&sr=8-1&keywords=350z+chargespeed

Edited by Jetpilot

I'm pretty sure that was me you spoke to at Japfest in the queue then? haha

Genuine copy from Amazon - a Thread somewhere on here about someone who bought one from Amazon, fitted fine and had the CS seal of approval init.

I bought mine of Amazon, it definitely did fit fine eventually.. as I'll explain below..

I messaged the guy who bought it off amazon but deleted the thread as my inbox was getting full. He said the bodyshop still had trouble with fitting it though...

Yea that was me, to be honest I think it was the bodyshop just trying to make excuses for why they hadn't finished the job sooner. Basically when they first began to fit it, they said it looked rough, so they were good enough to smoothen the rough edges etc.. Then one day they rang me saying they couldn't fit it, so I went over and tried myself and got it on first time with all the original mounts. :bangin: So in hindsight, I wont be using that particular bodyshop again! However Since i managed to "fit" it for them, they finished the job, and it looks stunning. I haven't got a decent pic, will get one after I've cleaned the ol' girl!

Haha yeh that was me that was talking to you while in the queue. Still ain't got round to doing the rear camera! Lol