Kazz LSD

Kev T

Over the last couple of days Abbey have fitted the new Kazz Diff along with stiffer Whiteline poly bushes and my God what a difference a locking diff makes, it totally transforms the rear end grip and can feel it push out of corners, It is so much more effective at putting the power down vs the stock VLSD, it really bears no comparison. VLSD is a paperweight by comparison, and one that over time, gets progressively worse and worse (and it doesnt start out with all that much lockup in the first place).

Not cheap but so so worth it !

• Like 4

How are you finding it refinement wise? Kaaz's can be a bit clonky and noisy sometimes :)

Tbf that was the one thing i was very concerned about but i am very pleasantly surprised, it is noisier than oem i can't deny it but not at all intrusive, the diff chirps a bit on tight turns and the stiffer bushes make a slight humming sound but i find the slight mechanical noises kind of endearing, the extra grip and drive easily outweigh any little niggles.

I am surprised that more people have not gone down this route to improved handling.

• Like 1

Love my mechanical diff so much better! Has a propensity to understeer initially a little, but so much more controllable through the corner and you can get on the power a lot earlier and it grips and puts power down far more efficiently.

Edited by wmr1980

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting — nice that its a direct fit.

Personally I prefer the way Quaife do things, even though it took a while for me to get to the bottom of fitting the Quaife on my auto with LSD. The Quaifes are direct fit for every other combo (350zs and 370z manuals). I wonder whether it'd be easy to compare them?

With Quaife by the way there is zero maintenance. The torque is always continuously adjusted to go to the wheel with the most grip, hence the 'automatic torque biasing' idea (that is, they don't transition quickly to a lockup state). It is purely mechanical (geared) so there is zero maintenance, and they are quiet.

The Quaife is a good choice for a road car but a plate type LSD such as the Kazz is the best choice performance wise for a track car or competition car.

Finally :lol:

Nothing to do with the names, a Quaife is a Torsen type diff that distributes power to the wheel with most grip, where the plate diffs distribute power equally when locked. I find plate diffs more predictable and they are far better for sliding about as well :)

• Like 2