What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Just recently replayed the last of us remastered on ps4 having had it on ps3 quite possibly the best game ever made imo so much so I went out and got gta5 for ps4 currently loving it

That's the one I first played, "Remastered", as i never played the original. I have to say it is one of the best games I've played. B)

I ended up trading it in though as I completed it several times over so there was nothing new for me to do. I've contemplated buying GTA5 several times but I completed it on my PS3 so didn't see the point in getting it for the PS4 as I thought it'd just be like playing the same game again.

Assuming you had it on the PS3 is it any different or better on the PS4?

;)

Just recently replayed the last of us remastered on ps4 having had it on ps3 quite possibly the best game ever made imo so much so I went out and got gta5 for ps4 currently loving it

That's the one I first played, "Remastered", as i never played the original. I have to say it is one of the best games I've played. B)

I ended up trading it in though as I completed it several times over so there was nothing new for me to do. I've contemplated buying GTA5 several times but I completed it on my PS3 so didn't see the point in getting it for the PS4 as I thought it'd just be like playing the same game again.

;)

Personally, I'd say no. The most jarring limitation of consoles is common to both ps3 and ps4 and has only been partially addressed in ps4 pro; the frame rate. How many pixels make up the graphics makes less difference than the overall smoothness, which on PS4 is there in places but still patchy, just like the ps3 (I too have played it on both). If you're going to buy it again, make it for a grands worth of gaming PC, cos that WILL be like playing a different game completely. I wish I could have you over to try it, it's really something on a beastly rig, but yeh, if you're not a pc man, don't waste your money buying it again for slightly higher fidelity graphics. :)

Edited by Aashenfox

;)

Graphics are obviously better and there's the option to play 1st person view as well as far more vehicles could be more missions also I also had it on ps3, on the subject of older platform games being remastered I really wish Sony would bring out a new wipeout game or remaster wipeout HD at least

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

;)

Graphics are obviously better and there's the option to play 1st person view as well as far more vehicles could be more missions also I also had it on ps3, on the subject of older platform games being remastered I really wish Sony would bring out a new wipeout game or remaster wipeout HD at least

Agree completely re: Wipeout, wicked, wicked game. Imagine VR version. :)

• Like 1

;)

Agree completely re: Wipeout, wicked, wicked game. Imagine VR version. :)

I think racing at phantom class in vr would make my head explode lol

I've preordered the deluxe editions of Mass Effect: Andromeda & South Park: Fractured Butt Whole.

I expect to lose significant portions of my life to ME:A - I practically bought every prop rifle / pistol / shotgun / from the Bioware store when they were released, much to the bemusement of the missus. Arguably the best Sci-Fi RPG Saga ever made.

I do play elite dangerous in vr. It's awesome but the truth is the resolution is still not quite there, even in the recent generation of headsets (I have a DK2 but I've tried Vive as well) and distant targets are little more than pixels. It's amazing for combat though, really, it's such a huge advantage I feel like I'm cheating sometimes. I would recommend to others to wait for the next generation of headsets which will be 4k and accompanied by the next generation of graphics cards.

I got a Vive in early December and would second the comment above. Its an amazing experience but the resolution lets it down and I'ma little bored of it now.

The horror games have really put me off playing resident evil and I'm a massive fan of those games. Horror VR is properly scary, I think 'A Chair in a Room' is the first time I've ever actually properly screamed out loud whilst playing a video game.

Brought the Vive on ebay with the intention of selling it on around April/May when everyone's flush with their end of year bonuses ;) ! Just hoping the next gen doesn't get announced before then, but there are no hints of that yet. I might advertise it on here first.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Help me out guys,

I've recently rented TLOU and im 2-3 hours into it but considering sending it back...

Is it a notoriously difficult game or am i doing something wrong? I've had 2 or 3 set pieces where im stuck in an area with several clickers and several runners, and i have to find the perfect route through them without getting spotted, or killing them in a certain order etc. I'm retrying each set piece 5-10 times as i keep getting killed, and it's tedious already.

Does this formula change at all?

For what its worth, I got Uncharted 4 not long ago and it was the best platformer i've ever played, so thought TLOU would be very similar.

TLOU never gets as fast paced as Uncharted, it's a deliberately slower game. That said, stick with it, I also found the early sections a bit tricky but you do start to get a bit more firepower as the game goes on so you're less reliant on stealth and picking the perfect route. Remember to make use of throwing objects to distract the clickers and pick them off one by one.

Edited by nimz

Help me out guys,

I've recently rented TLOU and im 2-3 hours into it but considering sending it back...

Is it a notoriously difficult game or am i doing something wrong? I've had 2 or 3 set pieces where im stuck in an area with several clickers and several runners, and i have to find the perfect route through them without getting spotted, or killing them in a certain order etc. I'm retrying each set piece 5-10 times as i keep getting killed, and it's tedious already.

Does this formula change at all?

For what its worth, I got Uncharted 4 not long ago and it was the best platformer i've ever played, so thought TLOU would be very similar.

I can understand your frustration as I suffered the same in some points of the game my first time around but it's not impossible or an overly difficult to do game on the whole imo. Just takes patience at times.

TLOU never gets as fast paced as Uncharted, it's a deliberately slower game. That said, stick with it, I also found the early sections a bit tricky but you do start to get a bit more firepower as the game goes on so you're less reliant on stealth and picking the perfect route. Remember to make use of throwing objects to distract the tickers and pick them off one by one.

^^ This marzman. ;)

The other thing is you need to keep on top of making shivs for silent kills as well as for opening some doors with extra goodies behind them.

What part are you stuck on marzman, can you describe the level/area?

Thanks guys, good feedback which has almost made up my mind for me that i'll send it back.

Because i rent games i give them less chance to impress me than if i'd bought them, as i've not lost anything at the end of the day. If i'd paid my hard-earned for it, i'd try to make myself like it.

What part are you stuck on marzman, can you describe the level/area?

I'm not stuck, just bored of having to keep replaying sections. The most recent example is we've only been outside the city walls for a short while, and i've just been separated from the girls as the roof collapsed, so i have to sneak through a few rooms to find my way back to them. The specific part that annoyed me is that there's some good stuff to scavenge before a hard section, so every time i die i have to keep going to scavenge the same stuff again. Wasting my time!

I got a Vive in early December and would second the comment above. Its an amazing experience but the resolution lets it down and I'ma little bored of it now.

The horror games have really put me off playing resident evil and I'm a massive fan of those games. Horror VR is properly scary, I think 'A Chair in a Room' is the first time I've ever actually properly screamed out loud whilst playing a video game.

Brought the Vive on ebay with the intention of selling it on around April/May when everyone's flush with their end of year bonuses ;) ! Just hoping the next gen doesn't get announced before then, but there are no hints of that yet. I might advertise it on here first.

Be interesting to see if VR really establishes itself this time. I'm remember when it was first on the games scene in the 1990s, but it was as niche as niche could be and didn't catch on. The graphics were pants, obviously (although nobody thought so at the time), and people complained about headaches and motion sickness. I find if I play a normal game for more than about three hours these days I don't feel great. Lord knows how I'd get on with VR.

Edited by sipar69

I desperately want it, even though I know it's going to fail so hard. Realistically unless Sony can bump up production of the PSVR to meet demand AND give some AAA games to use it with (RE7 is amazing), then I can't see where it goes. It'll be interesting to see if Scorpio use MS' ties with Oculus to give Rift compatibility, as I think there's a fair few people on here who would grab a Scorpio on launch if it had Rift + Forza 7 compatibility...

I'm not stuck, just bored of having to keep replaying sections. The most recent example is we've only been outside the city walls for a short while, and i've just been separated from the girls as the roof collapsed, so i have to sneak through a few rooms to find my way back to them. The specific part that annoyed me is that there's some good stuff to scavenge before a hard section, so every time i die i have to keep going to scavenge the same stuff again. Wasting my time!

I bet you're doing it on "Easy" or "Normal" as well aren't you?, ...I went through "Easy, Normal, Hard and then onto Survivor" mode which let me tell you is so f***in' annoying I really was glad when I traded the game in.

Basically in "Survivor" mode the supplies are more or less non existent, no hints, you don't have listening mode and the enemies do double damage to you. :scare:

Never completed "Survivor" mode because like you I got bored and a little frustrated with replaying the same sections. If you're not enjoying it now I'd definitely send it back. ;)