What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

I think I want to get into PC gaming.

I watch a lot of twitch gamers are quite fancy playing myself now. I'm a console gamer normally but there are a lot of games I want to try.

I like the looks of ARMA and H1Z1 and those types of survival games.

I have absolutely no idea what sort of PC specs I should be looking at. From the little I have read about gaming PCs, I know it's best to build your own instead of buying of the shelf. Is that still the case?

What would be a decent spec to play those types of game? Not sure how demanding they are.

Yup, build your own bud.

I'd budget £1k personally.

Case 80 - 200

Power 50 - 150

Mother board 100 - 300

CPU - 150 - 400

Graphics card 150 - 500

Memory 100 - 200

Hard drive 40 - 150

The above is the average range of pricing for a decent build (Don't choose the bottom end prices for everything. But that gives you an idea of the break down cost)

Always self build, been doing that for years, and also buy the second to newest generation of stuff, should still have plenty of life left in them.

• Like 1

Don't Scan and Dabs use ShittyLink for their deliveries? Pretty sure that's why I stopped using them.

Any way, forget all that, go and buy MGS V now. It's amazing. Possibly the game of a generation.

My case arrived NDD in one piece :)

You seemed skeptical at first on fb. Changed your mind now? :p

Now it's lost all the random stuff, it's much better. I've opened up the game world and the crafting and things, and I can totally see how many options I've got now (lots). Yeah, I'm going to enjoy this a lot.

Also, Xboners can grab Witcher 3 at 30% off right now on the XBL store, so I hooked that too for quieter times when I'm done with newer games. Although MGS V & Forza 6 & Fallout 4 isn't really going to leave me any time at all! :lol:

• Like 1

I've been juggling between Battlefield Hardline and Rocket League for the past couple of months. I've been patiently waiting for The Divison since it was announced about 9000 years ago... ):

The Division looks unreal! Definitely picking it up on PC! Rocket League is a laugh, Hardline is not so fun, played it for a few hours and got bored very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I want to get into PC gaming.

I watch a lot of twitch gamers are quite fancy playing myself now. I'm a console gamer normally but there are a lot of games I want to try.

I like the looks of ARMA and H1Z1 and those types of survival games.

I have absolutely no idea what sort of PC specs I should be looking at. From the little I have read about gaming PCs, I know it's best to build your own instead of buying of the shelf. Is that still the case?

What would be a decent spec to play those types of game? Not sure how demanding they are.

Yup, build your own bud.

I'd budget £1k personally.

Case 80 - 200

Power 50 - 150

Mother board 100 - 300

CPU - 150 - 400

Graphics card 150 - 500

Memory 100 - 200

Hard drive 40 - 150

The above is the average range of pricing for a decent build (Don't choose the bottom end prices for everything. But that gives you an idea of the break down cost)

You'll probably want a monitor too! :)

• Like 1

I'm purely a console gamer due to the fact hat I can't justify basically buying a new PC every 2 years. Although I desperately want to revisit CS:GO....

I'm glued to CS:GO these days, got to global so now tempted to start ESEA or a similar ladder but not sure I want to be spending £5 a month on subscriptions to play on them. Cheaters and raging russians are getting a bit depressing on valve mm.

I'm purely a console gamer due to the fact hat I can't justify basically buying a new PC every 2 years. Although I desperately want to revisit CS:GO....

I'm glued to CS:GO these days, got to global so now tempted to start ESEA or a similar ladder but not sure I want to be spending £5 a month on subscriptions to play on them. Cheaters and raging russians are getting a bit depressing on valve mm.

Ahh, it sounds like 1.6 all over again!

Why are we not all playing MGSV? This is the game of a generation. It's better than GTAV, IMHO.

As an example of why it's so clever (in spoiler tags in case you don't want to know how to defeat an enemy really easily, but there's no story spoilers here):

On one mission, you have to defeat an enemy sniper who moves around the map when you get close enough for a shot. You can either kill or capture, but I knew I wanted to capture. I struggled like crazy, as the map doesn't have an awful lot of cover for you to use and the sniper can pretty much one hit kill you if you're not quick. I thought it was going to take me hours to get close enough to make the needed tranq shots, until I read a hint on the interweb.

You can call in supply drops for your ammo at any time, and you can also specify the location of the drops. They come in crates. Crates are pretty solid. Cue me calling in a supply drop on the sniper's head, and knocking the sniper out ready for capture! :D

It's that level of genius that makes this so engrossing. Completely out of the box thinking.

I have MGSV, I play an hour or so every now and then but the AI is so pants it's a little disappointing to play.

The reflex mode also makes the game super casual. Spotted me? No problem, give me 5 seconds to react and shoot you in the head.

That said, graphics are pretty good and I always enjoy the MGS story because it's so insane.

Edited by mouthwash