What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Loved Another World and Flashback on my Amiga 500, yeah and Syndicate by Bullfrog was one of my favs too

Classic games and enjoyed playing those :thumbs: Once upon a time I use to build servers for Bullfrog (EA)

Loved Another World and Flashback on my Amiga 500, yeah and Syndicate by Bullfrog was one of my favs too

Classic games and enjoyed playing those :thumbs: Once upon a time I use to build servers for Bullfrog (EA)

There was another great series of games. One was called Attic Attack, another was going through a jungle, maybe something to do with a wolf or a Sabre Tooth Tiger and I was sure there was another one.

Edited by Linus27

There was another great series of games. One was called Attic Attack, another was going through a jungle, maybe something to do with a wolf or a Sabre Tooth Tiger and I was sure there was another one.

Dizzy Egg ???

Dizzy Egg ???

Sure you don't mean spin dizzy?

Sabrewulf /Atic Atac/Stonkers/Jetpac/Lunar Jetman All Ultimate - Play the game titles - on the Speccy and Amiga - I think Chuckie Egg is the one you are on about. Best Amiga game IMO was Sensible soccer - played so much had a joystick callous!

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 1

Spent way too much money on the Steam Sales.

Picked up Grid Autosport today, very nice game :) - The 350z is very fun in the drift series.

do the cars still handle like @*!# or more forza/gt?

More like GT/Forza. It's so much better than Grid 2.

The only thing that lets it down is the racing groups.

I.e. each race, you pretty much race in 3 different cars.

350z is only drift racing.

There's no mixtures, just so many different categories.

Sabrewulf /Atic Atac/Stonkers/Jetpac/Lunar Jetman All Ultimate - Play the game titles - on the Speccy and Amiga - I think Chuckie Egg is the one you are on about. Best Amiga game IMO was Sensible soccer - played so much had a joystick callous!

That was it Atic Atac and Sabrewulf :) I found Atic Atac the better game.

Sensible Soccer was amazing, played that to death. Ant Attack on the Spectrum was a biggie for me as well.

I have got a new project on the cards. I'm going to attempt to build a tri-projector racing rig. Basically use 3x projectors to create a seamless panoramic screen, and then build a car cockpit to use with it. All i need is a gaming PC with an Eyefinity capable graphics card. I was allowed to take home 3x 19" monitors from work recently so i'll get the prototype up and running with that before splashing out on the projectors.

The last phase of the project will then be to build a 2DOF racing seat, which takes the in-game telemetry and translates it into linear movement. I've been researching this project for a good 6 months or so, and it's quite easy to do!

My budget for phase 1 is about £1200 and then a further £600 for the rig in phase 2.

3-projector setup

[media]https://www.youtube....oLxvIxcU[/media]

2DOF rig (skip to 1-min)

[media]https://www.youtube....uKHo_Y6A[/media]

I've not made any progress on the above project yet, however this weekend was interesting.

I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed and got the chance to try out a few things...

Firstly i had a go on a panoramic projected 2DOF racing seat, as per what i was intending to build above. The 2DOF means 2 degrees of freedom, essentially a motorised chair which simulates movement based on the in-game telemetry. I have to say that i was really disappointed with it. I dont think it translated very well to how driving a car would actually feel, and the projected setup wasnt particularly impressive either.

Next up, i got the chance to have a go on an Oculous Rift, and i was very impressed. I've been following the progress of these with interest for the last couple of years. It looks like it'll be released in 2015 some time, so i will definitely be going down this route instead of a projector setup. Checkout this video to see how it will perform with a racing game.... absolutely amazing (your head movements control the ingame camera, immersing you in the environment).

Lastly, i tried out a few separate 'racing rigs'. A proper car seat with good steering wheels and pedals. Above everything else this setup made all the difference, making the racing games feel genuinely realistic and fun to play.

So... first things first, i'll be buying or building something like this:

1024px-Sparco_racing_cockpit_Pro_FIGHTER_Model.jpg

Edited by marzman

Oh man, i remember the first 5% of the first level of Flashback. The memories... well, memory anyway.

I just found out that Firefly Online is going to be a thing. I'm a massive Firefly geek so I'm chuffed.

HOLY FUDGE TELL ME YOU ARE NOT JOKING?!??!?!

'I'm a leaf on the wind...

I'm sure I heard a while back about something only being developed for Tablets/Phones?

Edited by grundy225

I downloaded "Another World" on the Xbox One the other day for £6.

It's the old 1991 adventure puzzle game, almost a prequel o"Flashback" and similar to the classic Prince of Persia style 2D puzzle game.

It's had a revamp with remastered sound and graphics, you can simply switch it back to the old graphics by pressing Y though for a nostalgia kick.

Love it.

I knew what it was all about but missed it the first time around sonly being 6 and being a HUGE fan of "Flashback" as soon as I saw I bought.

Hard old school game that takes some thinking and aimlessly wondering :lol: .

The sense of achievement when you finally work something out is epic, it remind me why I got in games.

another-world-title-screen.png

anotherworld97.jpg

Happy days, Flashback on the megadrive was sublime :cloud9:

Sent from the golf club...

wow I remember that game I spent hours on it as a kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded "Another World" on the Xbox One the other day for £6.

It's the old 1991 adventure puzzle game, almost a prequel o"Flashback" and similar to the classic Prince of Persia style 2D puzzle game.

It's had a revamp with remastered sound and graphics, you can simply switch it back to the old graphics by pressing Y though for a nostalgia kick.

Love it.

I knew what it was all about but missed it the first time around sonly being 6 and being a HUGE fan of "Flashback" as soon as I saw I bought.

Hard old school game that takes some thinking and aimlessly wondering :lol: .

The sense of achievement when you finally work something out is epic, it remind me why I got in games.

another-world-title-screen.png

anotherworld97.jpg

Happy days, Flashback on the megadrive was sublime :cloud9:

Sent from the golf club...

wow I remember that game I spent hours on it as a kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember spending hours on it too.... with my son :wheelchair:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Found this thread :)

Been quiet for quite some time!!

soooooo -

Currently debating whether or not to get back into Wow :(

Going to be downloading Shadow of Mordor soon, although the 35GB scares me!

Will give the new alien game a go

Can't wait for Ryse:Son of Rome to come to PC next month.