Intensive Bike Course

Ruddles

Not an 'Other car' sorry guys.

Just wondering if anyone on here had done their CBT, DAS or an intensive course regarding motorbikes.

I know there's a couple of peeps on here that have got bikes. Just wondering how they found the tests? I've been told to not look into it and not to worry so much, but obviously it's a lot of money to simply fail and re-do!

Past experience has all been mtotocross (50cc auto and 80cc geared) when i was much younger and last year bought myself a 250cc 4-stroke crosser, i go out on it now and again simply through fields and into woods, blast round the occasional dis-used motocross track.

Just need to know if this would benefit a great deal to road riding or not really.

Any help greatly appreciated!! :thumbs:

I did the four day course in Bristol many years back but I had been riding and racing motorcycles for some time , I'd recommend it , they are very much geared up to get you through your test

• Like 1

I got my licence via an intensive course, the best way I think for someone like me with no past experience on bikes as its all day everyday for a week so always fresh in your system. Hardest bit is the 1st test you do doing all the manoeuvres etc the 2nd one is just driving around town so if you have a car licence then nothing new. Go for it, more of a buzz than any car can give you.

I got my cbt the other month and I now ride a 125 as a commuter bike. Definitely building my confidence up nicely. The cbt was good it's just getting used to not braking with both hands like on a push bike :)

This is something I am aIso reaIIy Iooking into at the moment... the 6 day course to be precise. A director within my business did it, from scratch with no experience, and passed. I hope to do the same... then I can get the bike I feII in Iove with 3 years ago...

triumph-speed-triple_zps8n85jyuc.jpg

:cloud9:

Thanks guys, Richf, as an experienced rider would you say it's possible to pick it up quite naturally on the road if you've done motoX in the past?

Good to hear that some with no past experience have passed it using the intensive course. I've seen some for 4 days and others for 5 days.

Awesome looking bike, i had starting looking at naked, then found this and decided it will be mine! :teeth:

13_MVAgusta_F3_15.jpg

If you've been riding geared bikes before you'll find its **** easy. I went from never having sat on a bike to passing my DAS in 7 days (spread over a month).

I then went out and bought a Ducati Monster 796, gorgeous looking thing :D

Cheers Tom. It sounds more and more like I'm slightly worried unnecessarily which is good :).

Harley's are wicked, might be on the case when I'm older and want to calm down a bit!!

The White bike is an MVAgusta F3. Beautiful bikes!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

I did an intensive course (nearly 20 years ago) and it's the best way to pass your test I think. I'd been riding bikes for years before doing it and the only problem I had was breaking all the bad habits I'd picked up from previous riding.

If you have never ridden before then it will be easy as the instructor will teach you to pass your test from the start.

The MV Augusta looks amazing but they don't ride so nice in my experience ;)

Bikes are awesome. I done an A2 about 8 years ago, restricted to 33bhp for 2 years. It was about £500 but I'm aware the rules and prices have changed since.

For the road, something like my old 1100s Hyper was the most fun. No point having a 190mph bike unless you plan on taking it on track.

Untitled.png

Did mine in 4 days, they really teach you everything you need to know. I did it with a friend and I passed with one minor and he passed with 0 minors. I'd recommend getting a 600 first, no need to jump straight onto a litre bike. 600cc is plenty fast enough

did mine many years ago and went from never having ridden even a scooter to having a full licence in about 5 days... bought a 600 and had fun for a few months then went silly and bought a 1200

if you have even a small amount o bike experience prior the this will help you B)