Roadster exhaust

MrsNiki

Hey guys!

I'm not in the market to buy an exhaust right now (or ever if MrNiki is reading this thread :ninja:) but i'm just interested in what the roadster drivers have gone for...

My old 350Z was fitted with the Cobra cat back which was great for a coupe, but pretty sure it'll be too noisy for a roadster, i still remember the drone in the cabin when i first got it, headache inducing during motorway drives!!

I really like the look of the fast intentions exhaust, but have no idea how it sounds in relation to either the Cobra or Stillen (which is option number 2!)

The other option is just buying the berks HFC's to go with the stock exhaust....

I don't want crazy loud, but i want something a bit meatier than what i have right now!

This purchase (if it happens) is still months down the line yet.... got pennies to save and a husband to convince first!!

Cheers :teeth:

• Like 2

You might well be surprised about the Cobra,

I had the K1 on my ragtop, and it was fine. On a coupe it's horrendous because of the resonance transmitted through the shell, but the roadster doesn't have to worry about that. Now, I'm not saying go and buy a K1, but I think a Cobra or Scorpion would be absolutely fine. :)

I never really thought about that... it was an exhaust that did improve over time slightly on a coupe, but i had it in my head that being a roadster it would be even noisier!

Food for thought now....

If i remember rightly Andy (ioneabee) had berks hfc's and a berks cat back exhaust a couple of years ago in Wales and that sounded nice, a good growl on start up and sounded nice on a drive, i suppose asking about cabin noise is irrelevant as Dan has said due to the nature of the roadster!!

Never heard the nismo exhaust... Best get myself to some events and meet up's to get listening to the different notes from other folks cars :D

• Like 1

As I have a coupe, not sure my opinion would be that valid, but I've got an Invidia Gemini system, and I've gotta say I don't think it would be "too loud" with the roof down on a roadster. Quiet when you want it to be, and sings when you give it a little squirt on the loud pedal :)

Hi MrsNiki, I have just had theInvidia Gemini Rolled Titanium Tip Cat-Back Exhaust system fitted to my roadster and it sounds fantastic, much more a deep purr than a drone. I have not had the stereo on since as I cant get enough of the sound :teeth:

• Like 1

Hi mrsniki, I have the same white 370 roadster as yourself and have a fast intentions system. It's a cat back and sounds fabulous, especially when downshifting. There are quite a few clips on YouTube ,but they really do need to be heard in the flesh to get the full effect. I would definitely recommend this system, although they're a bit more expensive than some of the others.

I would recommend the Stillen if you want a sporty but not over loud exhaust. If you decide you want more growl you can add HFCs at a later date. Having had a Nismo exhaust (on my Nismo), I wouldn't recommend it for sound. They are very well made but not much louder than the standard 370 exhaust.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that 350 and 370 exhausts sound the same - a 350 Nismo exhaust won't sound the same as the 370 version. The 370 version is too quiet.

Having had a Stillen on its own and a Stillen + HFCs, Id say a Stillen with stock cats would be a good option for a roadster.

Edited by sipar69

Cheers for the advice :D Gonna try and get up to LakeZ on the Saturday if i can and listen to some on other cars!! Gotta say, the fast intentions exhaust looks the best in my opinion from the back, but still got a while to decide :D

Yup that was not pleasant, lasted 3 days on the car and then they were off. Not sure if it is a roadster only issue due to the added braces but 3 garages could not get 2 different hfcs to fit with the stillen exhaust.

To be honest though the stillen doesnt need the hfc, especially with the roadster

• 3 months later...

Re-igniting this post for anyone who has opinions of either of the following exhausts:

ARK Grip

Fast Intentions TDX

I ultimately have my heart set on this style of exhaust, just stuck between these 2 in particular.

My car will not be lowered, so the fact that they sit lower shouldn't be an issue (I hope)

I'm not going for HFC's/decats. This is my only exhaust mod...

Any thoughts/advice?

Loudness is not a deciding factor anymore, I'm aware of dB for each.

Cheers :D