Roadster exhaust

MrsNiki

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking about selling my Fast Intentions exhaust but it (probably) won't be until after Christmas. :)

What's the reason for the sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to get a Stillen one.... It's just my OCD really as I have Stillen gen 3 intakes, I've now decided that I want everything else to be Stillen too....... Lol

Is the Stillen that much better than the Invidia with standard cats?

Time to choose coming soon!

I had the same choice to make as both sounded great from the videos. In the end i paid that little extra and went with Stillen as i had heard the same exhaust on Ebizeds car. It was definitely a good choice.

I had a K1 on my HR roadster and the noise was very loud. I had the baffles in too. Measured 105db inside the cabin. I found at 70mph the drone & noise was horrendous, but at 80mph it seemed to get a bit more acceptable.

As a side note I have a full race termignoni exhaust system on my ducati and find that perfectly acceptable, so I dont mind a loud exhaust but the K1 I had was shocking!

Will the Stillen exhaust be compatible with the Fast Intentions HFC's? Or am I likely going to have to change that as well?

Will370z, did you have Stillen HFC (or any brand of HFC) as well as the exhaust?

Tried stillen HFCs and another brand and it was too loud for me. There were also some fitment issues as the HFCs lowered the exhaust onto the cross member causing some vibration so they had to go

After seeing the quality that comes from stillen exhausts I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I'm not sure about the rest of there products but the manufacturing and materials used on stillen exhausts are very disappointing for the money they cost.

I'd disagree with this too but experiences differ for people.

• 2 weeks later...

Been in a 370 with the fast intentions exhaust and it did drone, was not for me in the end so went stillen

The USA forum says that too, the ARK doesn't by all accounts... My heart is set on the ARK I think :)

Have you made a decision?

Following Z370Z around Cornwall today with the Fast Intentions just fitted it sounded absolutely superb, not too loud, deep and throaty when under full load but reasonably normal when not under load. Adele and Wayne say it does not drone even in the coupe. It sounded much better than the Invidia fitted to a 350z also on the run and it just looked superb.

I agree its got to be Fast Intentions or Ark for Rosie.

Apparently Fast Intentions have different lengths of resonators which reduce the risk of drone.

I did make a decision.... Went for the Ark Grip, a purchase from first impressions of pics and YouTube vids, and it has not disappointed! Absolutely love the fact it roars when you want and there is no drone at all at normal cruising speeds.

I went with my heart (brave decision having never heard one lol), and it suits me perfectly 😊

The only thing to be wary of is speed bumps.... I swear I annoy more drivers going slow over them than I do with the noise.... Just got a be careful in my neck of the woods in case Ronnie Pickering is ever following me haha!

I think this is going to be my choice also, it seems nothing between Arc and FI apart from ease of delivery times.

Only issue I now have is my insurance company are not sure they can cover me with any mods on this car and are checking with the underwriters, so it may have to wait for renewal time :angry:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the Cobra on my roadster and it seems fine, have a Japspeed Y pipe as well

How you finding the Cobra now - any thoughts?

Did you have the full system - thinking of getting my Rosie rag top done for the last year of ownership (maybe). Might help with sale price in the future.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Having finally installed my Ark Grip, I can only echo the praise already on this forum for this system.

What an awesome exhaust, superb sound and no droning.

A must have mod!

And any roadster owners concerned about Ark's own technical comments, about having to drop and shim the W brace are incorrect, the system fits perfectly with no clearance issues.

Thanks Chris at Tarmac for the rapid delivery down to Spain.

• Like 1