370z 20mm spacer question

Richf

I know , I know its s subject done to death but Ive done a search and found lots of threads where people talk about 25/25 mm spacers on the 370 or 25/20mm spacers and im as yet undecided

But

I read on a few posts that the stock wheel stud is 25mm long , so what do people do when the fit the 20mm studs? Grind 5 mm off with a angle grinder, replace studs?

My findings are well documented but basically when using the 20mm spacer I added a 3mm slip spacer so the front wheels would bed squarely on the spacer. Unfortunately the 3mm alloy slip spacers I used from Halfords were not up to the job and over a period of time they distorted leading to the discs getting distorted. So I changed to 25mm and no issues with them.

Yes you can change the hub studs I guess but as I had my car during warranty I made a point of removing the spacers whenever the car went into the dealer and the fag of changing the studs as well (so as to give adequate length for the nuts to grip without spacers) was a non-starter for me.

Ahhh I understand fully now after actually doing the job

The US forum often talks about 20mm rear and 25mm front , the reason the 20mm spacers dont fit on the front is due to the recess on the back of the wheel not being deep enough to accommodate the raised stud , however the rear wheel recess are much deeper so you dont have this issue on the back

Academic for me as I went 25/25 anyhow

20140323_093329_zps27519d6c.jpg