vortech pulley sizes ?

Bodyboarder81

I'm running the 3.12" pulley.

The gains will vary from car to car (engine to engine) somewhat I'd imagine but from what I gather the one I'm running will gain around 25whp over the standard 3.33" pulley. This info is from the "Vortech FAQs" thread on "my350.com".

Source: http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/270770-vortech-faq-read-this-before-asking-vortech-questions.html

Take your time and have a good read of that thread as it will probably answer any questions you have regarding the Vortech superchargers. :thumbs:

Well i read most of it and came to the conclusion that the vortech blowers and the zed engine are a great combo ! ...... and also ill be getting the 3.12 pulley ..... even though i havent even driven my 435bhp zed yet!

Come on you never read "most" of that. :dry::lol:

It's 112 pages long, ...if you read all of that in ten minutes though fair play. :D Some of the posts from the US guys running Vortech's do have some interesting insights into problems & solutions.

Is yours all done then now? :shrug:

No i read the first few pages from the bloke who new what he was going on about :)

jez mapped it yesterday ... but still needs to map the idle and cold start , plus a few other bits and bobs . Ill probably run it as it is for a bit to make sure its all good and then get the smaller pulley for the icing on thye cake :)

would really like to make 450 ! .... just seems a nice number :)

Please don't help him anymore, he's about to start chasing numbers, dangerous game! :lol: :lol:

I'm not selling you the pulley!! :lol:

yes i noticed you have not pmd me back !

polished charger springs to mind ..... you know its gonna happen !

No i read the first few pages from the bloke who new what he was going on about :)

jez mapped it yesterday ... but still needs to map the idle and cold start , plus a few other bits and bobs . Ill probably run it as it is for a bit to make sure its all good and then get the smaller pulley for the icing on thye cake :)

That's cool then. B)

Maybe try driving the thing first before getting anymore go faster stuff though. :shrug::lol:

• Like 1

That's cool then. B)

Maybe try driving the thing first before getting anymore go faster stuff though. :shrug::lol:

Ha ha , yes should do that really !!

Just nice to know I've got the option of another ( relatively ) easy 20bhp gain

That's cool then. B)

Ha ha , yes should do that really !!

Just nice to know I've got the option of another ( relatively ) easy 20bhp gain

Yep I agree.

The 2.87" pulley though apparently makes 30whp over the 3.12" so if you skipped the 3.12" and went straight to the 2.87" that's supposed to be around an extra 50whp over the standard 3.33". :teeth:

Bearing in mind though it might not be too clever for the standard engine internals pushing them too far.

:lol: DE on 2.87 pushed to 7000 RPM.. I'm sure Zmanalex has a quality second hand engine available to fix the certain devastation :lol:

Would still run the risk of going bang again, ...best way forward then would be a forged rebuild. :evil:

GM, you're very helpful tonight, do you envy his car or what? Stop giving him ideas! :lol: :lol:

I'm always helpful (well imho). :):wave:

I think he's got his own ideas, ...probably been tuning up a 350Z on "Gran Turismo 6" on the PS3 and seen that you can get 600bhp odd. :lol::drive1

• Like 1

:lol: DE on 2.87 pushed to 7000 RPM.. I'm sure Zmanalex has a quality second hand engine available to fix the certain devastation :lol:

Would still run the risk of going bang again, ...best way forward then would be a forged rebuild. :evil:

Built engine... Drool.. ;)

Edit.. Next group buy package anyone? God did I just say that?

Edited by ChrisB
  • Like 2