Engine Light P 1147 & P 1167 - Heated O2 Senors

Mike Rosie

Hey!

So over the weekend I went to get my Z fully Hunter laser aligned only to find the bolts were too tight/ceased to adjust. On my drive back my CEL came on so I pulled over to do a little pedal dance.

The codes (flashes) were 1147 and 1167 - heated O2 sensor 2. I cleared them and they returned the following day - but not straight away and drove home without any CELs.

Having looked this up it could be numerous things:

Electrical issues

Fuel pressure issue

Injector problems

Intake leaks

Where would be the most sensible place to start to eliminate the codes? There is no difference in sound, MPG or performance (but I haven't given it a hard drive since the CEL)

Could any of the wires for the sensors been damaged by the car lift for the alignment? It had a horizontal cross member (think it was a jack?) roughly near the transmission.

Any suggestions on where to begin?

Cheers

Edit: Sensors...

Edited by Mike Rosie

Just jacked it up a gave the sensors a wiggle and checked for the light, but nothing. I'll have a garage take a look over the weekend to see if there is any obvious damage.

But for now the light is off and stayed off for my 17 mile commute home.

Anything else that I could check before the weekend?

Cheers

if it comes back why don't you try swapping the 2 rear sensors over to see if it's the sensor or another fault. :)

Unfortunately they are not interchangeable. :)

O2 sensors are a right barrel of laughs to change as well never mind 2 of them.....you can guarantee one of the buggers will strip just to make you regret that 'quick test' :lol:

I had this last week with mine. Had both cats replaced then a day later the light came on. Diagnostic stated the post cat sensor bank 2 was at fault and indicated the cat was defective. After clearing the fault and cleaning the sensor plug contacts its not returned. I also checked for gasket leaks on the cat but found nothing. Now my light came on when the car was rather hot after a long journey nor when first starting out.

The old cats were original and had done 80k miles but we're still functioning ok. I replaced them with some mint clean 35k jobs.Im hoping the contact clean has done the trick regarding the management light.